THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm not too worried about the durability of a ceramic kamado, a Weber can rust out and the interior of a ceramic grill should be much more durable and able to withstand higher temps.

I made some amazing food on my Weber kettle, but it was fuel inefficient and I always seemed to have the grill too hot or too cool, the sweet spot was too short lived and you'd need skills I lack or a slow 'n sear to do proper dual zone cooking. I plan on keeping a kettle forever though!

I've been debating picking up a Weber Summit Kamado for a while now. My "problem" is my existing grills all work fine. Have a 22 inch kettle, original PK, small BGE, Old Country Wrangler, and several others.

On the ability to withstand heat topic, I cooked chicken and salmon yesterday on the kettle. Lighting KBB in a chimney filled up to a few inches shy of the top, in a 2 zone setup, the temp settled around 460* on the "cool" side. I roasted the drums in there for about 40 min. Came out great.

I then put the salmon on and it settle back just shy of 400 (had the lid off for 5-10 min). Over the next 40 min, it had gone down to about 350.

I type all that out to acknowledge your point about the sweet spot. I feel like I can cook pretty much anything with my many cookers, but you really need to know how each works to make the best choices. And if you don't use them often enough, you forget (or, at least I do. Beer may also play a part here).

None of that helps you. Sorry about that! I've had a few BGEs over the years and love them. I still want that Weber Summit K, though. Good luck!

This is my 3rd year with my Big Joe 3. I really can't say anything bad about it. Its versatile, easy to cook on and has plenty of accessories to play around with. I did have an issue with my gasket coming loose and KJ had a new one in the mail in a couple of days.

I'm sure BGE, Primo and other cookers are excellent as well but my only experience is with KJ.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

I have and Egg and my son has a KJ Classic and I think the KJ is the better to the two grills.

Back