Where is the good BBQ in Kodak, Tn and Pigeon Forge, TN?

SCRedneckBBQ

Full Fledged Farker
In and around Knoxville, tn, specifically Kodak, tn and pigeon forge tn. The wife has to go on a business trip next week to Kodak, tn and we are driving and taking a mini vacation in pigeon forge on the way back home. Any suggestions on some good places to eat?

In Knoxville I recommend Calhoun's on the riverfront (near the University of Tenn).
In the Sevierville/PF/Gatlinburg area I recommend "Hungry Bear BBQ"! I'd skip all the other "chain" Q-joints and hit Hungry Bear. I've been to ALL of them so I can compare. Hungry Bear is in Gatlinburg, but slightly away from the BAD traffic area.
Here is the TripAdvisor site on Hungry Bear: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...s-Hungry_Bear_BBQ_1-Gatlinburg_Tennessee.html

^^^Ha! I used to work at that Calhoun's a couple decades back - that's where I learned about what smoking was. I haven't eaten there is a very long time, so I can't speak to the food there these days, although I did enjoy it then - a lot. The atmosphere is really great - it's right on the river and people tie up there on there boats. That place is near Neyland Stadium - it rocks come game day!

I've heard good things about Dead End BBQ in Knoxville, but haven't been myself. I think it's a couple of comp guys who started a restaurant. I ate at a place called Pup's Pit a couple months ago, but I can't really say I recommend it. I know for sure the Corky's in Pigeon forge is terrible. I have heard there's a place called Chandler's Deli in Knoxville that is supposed to have very good BBQ, but I haven't been there myself yet.

^^^Ha! I used to work at that Calhoun's a couple decades back - that's where I learned about what smoking was. I haven't eaten there is a very long time, so I can't speak to the food there these days, although I did enjoy it then - a lot. The atmosphere is really great - it's right on the river and people tie up there on there boats. That place is near Neyland Stadium - it rocks come game day!

I've heard good things about Dead End BBQ in Knoxville, but haven't been myself. I think it's a couple of comp guys who started a restaurant. I ate at a place called Pup's Pit a couple months ago, but I can't really say I recommend it. I know for sure the Corky's in Pigeon forge is terrible. I have heard there's a place called Chandler's Deli in Knoxville that is supposed to have very good BBQ, but I haven't been there myself yet.

neyland stadium is in Kodak correct? we are going to a game there on the wifes company dime!

Neyland Stadium is right in Knoxville by the UT campus. It's where the Vols play. I think the one in Kodak is where the minor league baseball team plays. It's supposed to be a great place to see games, hang out, etc. It's really beautiful around there.

^^^Enjoy it while it lasts! :boxing:

And I guess that explains why the average amount of teeth per capita slipped a little...

Back