THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Rec Tec has chewed through most all of the common brand pellets without issue. In over 7 years, it's never experienced a flameout or an auger jam. I've never bothered to sift my pellets before loading them up or empty the hopper between cooks, either. The SmokeFire has only burned B&B so far, because that's all I currently have. B&B Championship Blend & Cherry are what I've mostly settled on these days. I tell myself the cherry tastes better on pork and produces a better smoke ring - but that may just be fiction I tell myself.

I like using Cherry just about everything.

I've tried B&B Pecan and Hickory, Camp Chef Hickory, and LumberJack 100% Hickory. So Far the LumberJack is my favorite. I also have a bag of Bear Mountain Mesquite to try sometime.

I tried a lot of brands and went through maybe 3000lbs and had best results with lumberjack 100% hickory and 100% cherry (most of the time mixed). This was with a yoder 640 and memphis elite. I always got my lumberjack via bulk buys. Cookin pellets are also good (2nd favorite)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used BBQ Delight and B&B for six years mixing my own Hickory/Cherry Blend before hearing about Bear Mountain on this forum and checking them out. I LOVE their Bold BBQ Blend and have been using it for the last six months with terrific results. Best smoke ring ever, and great flavor. https://bearmountainbbq.com/products/bold-bbq-craft-blend™-wood-pellets

IMO Traeger Pellets sold in bulk at Costco were the worst I have tried.

Back