What to do if it is done early...

Call everybody and tell them they better hurry up and get to your place. Then again that's what gravy is for dry turkey.

Don't do what what I did last year.My butcher told me to put it in the clothes dryer for 60mins on high. It did not work at all. Plus the filter was completley clogged with skin.LOL.

That has worked for me before. Just wrapped in cheesecloth and tied a good knot in the end. The clothes came out smellin' like Thanksgiving for months.:lol:

It is fast turkey day - mine just hit 165 - 1 3/4 hours early. A bunch of foil - a cooler - and some towels to fill the voids should do the trick.

D@mn it smelled good though!!!

Wow! Mine was done fast also. I wrapped really good with foil and stuck in oven at about 250. Really about 165. Checked before I delivered. It was tender and hot and juicy. and good. Tried a piece of a wing. Had to check!!!

Mine were just finished, foiled and put int he Cooler where they will hold for a couple of hours. I delivered 10 turkeys this way yesterday, even after 3 hours the birds were still very warm! Nothing like delivering turkeys to customers and their still hot off the smoker!

Early...what's early? I've never had anything finish early. Ever...

We cooked ours yesterday. Just sliced it now, into a pan, covered and into the oven to serve in a couple hours. I would think holding it and keeping it moist it would be fine.

What's with the fast turkeys' this year? I was planning on 4-1/2 hours for our 17 pounder and she was done in 3! Some kind of government conspiracy? :eek:

Mine wasn't fast. It came out at 4:15 and dinner was at 5:00. I was happy about that. Enough time to rest and carve.

Thanks for the advice, guys!

If it weren't for the trip to the ER my timing would have been pretty close. As it was i had to throttle back the Egg to slow things down while I went and visited the ER.

Back