THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Probably my biggest is my buddy that i turned on to bbq still dumps bbq sauce all over the pulled pork.
Yes a thousand times. Sister in law helped wife and I feed alumni dinner once. She told wife " ill get a gallon of cattlemans". Wife said NO! I was proud of her!!!. If group ask us to bring sauce we purposely place at the very end of food line.

"saucing brisket is fine"

I sauce Brisket...... Stubbs Original. Mmmmm

Wasn't talking about judicious use of sauce- that's okie dokie +1. I dig me some Stubbs.

The lug nut in question had put enough sauce on that it could have been over sliced spam and he would not have known the difference. And you know what- it's still good.:grin:

I'm certain these examples are all tongue in cheek, nit picky stuff shared for fun. I could give a rat's hind quarters over most of the "faux pas's" mentioned... 'cept the ones about monkeying with a fella's knives.

I have to admit I have never met that "one guy" you reference. Guess I'm just lucky!

Ok, so maybe not everyone has that guy show up. But when he does, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. All I know is, when I spend the whole day prepping and cooking, there are a few select portions I specifically like to call mine, and only mine. Unless you're my wife, then It's "yes ma'am, go ahead."

I put my meat in my smoker at 11:00 pm and then went to bed. When I got up at 7:00am
My fire was out and my meat IT was 130...PLEASE HELP ME! :doh:

I smoke on an offset so I'm hands on type of guy.

The person that starts going through all the dishes, looking for the veggie burgers. Or anything vegan. It's 2016, I know these people exist, but at least gimme a heads up before you show up, so I can tell you to bring your own. Because nothing tofu has ever touched a grate on my grill or cooker.

Cooking brats or sausages and taking a fork and poking holes in them:tsk:
There should be a "he needed killin' law" for folks who do this.

Throwing my knives in the sink (please don't touch my knives).
I have a set of cheap (but very sharp) Kiwi knives that my wife likes to use because her Henckels are dull. How do you think they got that way honey? That's why you don't get to use my Kiwis.

booger hooks
Laughed my @$$ off on that one!

I put my meat in my smoker at 11:00 pm and then went to bed. When I got up at 7:00am
My fire was out and my meat IT was 130...PLEASE HELP ME! :doh:

I smoke on an offset so I'm hands on type of guy.

The worse one is "i tempted the brisket at xxx and it wasn't tender but i was hungry so i pulled it off. It was dry, i think i overcooked it, what went wrong?"

The questions from my wife when I want to buy something related to this obsession, like
"How many grills do you really need??" I looked at her in the eye and calmly said "At least 3." :-D

Outdoor cooking apparatus as I like to call them are the equivalent to a purse only I don't keep or hide things in mine! It's a 1:1 ratio for my house. She's gonna be getting a lot more 👛 for Christmas!

I *know* they are trying to be polite - but some guests can be a tad annoying.

Been working ALL day on a spread- meat, sides, desert- everything good go go.

Fella shows up with adult beverages - yep he did - cheap 6pack with 3 missing and wants to know "is there anything I can do to help?"

Family- what can you do? :-D

I *know* they are trying to be polite - but some guests can be a tad annoying.

Been working ALL day on a spread- meat, sides, desert- everything good go go.

Fella shows up with adult beverages - yep he did - cheap 6pack with 3 missing and wants to know "is there anything I can do to help?"

Family- what can you do? :-D
Send him out for more charcoal-he did ask.

Back