We're in the paper !!!

Great article and thanks to Erica for spelling your name correctly. BUT - the caption for the first photo appears to be incorrect. Looks to me like you're slicing a brisket - not ribs.

hehehe "pellet pooper", that's funny. Congratulations on the great write up.

He'll be ... enjoying the company of his barbecue brothers

This is what is all about! Good luck to ya and have a good time.

two things Phil.

1 - where's the duck?

2 - are the Williams sisters on your mind or is that just a coincidence?

Way to go Phil! Looks like that grin in the first pic is cause your dreamin' of those Williams girls over your right shoulder. (Gentlemen, Light Your Fires? What fire you thinkin' 'bout there?) Easy big guy,keep your mind on the job at hand. Game face baby........ Kick some butt for the brothers this weekend!!!

RE: Re: We

Wow.. thats nasty stuff... they interpert what i said as

"pellet cookers have no skills".

Talk about embelishing. I should be shot if I'd ever say something like that. Damn... thats nasty.

Looks like I chapped a few cheeks. Should I explain the quote and put it in context.? tempted.. but that place dont seem to pleasent at the moment, but would hate for them to think (continue thinking) thats how i feel.

No need to explain yourself. Scott inKC already has your back. Go back and take another look. Scott must of posted his comment after you read the thread. I'm going to be bold and try to post his post here:

posted July 20, 2005 10:33 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't think he wants us there because he knows he's been losing to Pelletheads and he thinks it's the cooker.

He doesn't lose to much of anybody, and he and Ray have already had the pleasure of making each others acquintance.

Phil (the person in the article) is a great cook and a super human being. The quote about "pellet poopers" was just part of an explaination about different sanctioning bodies that was presented out of context in the article.
His beef isn't really with pellet cookers per se, just with thermostatically controlled element of them.
Phil is a great guy, hunt him up under the fire breathing pig banner and shake hands with one of finest ambassadors of BBQ you'll ever meet.

--------------------
Any wood is fine for smokin', as long as it's cherry!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now if I could only do that with pictures!

2AM when i read that... think i jumped an didnt continue reading... Your right. Scotts got my back, thanks KC. !

edit****** ..i just checked.. Daves got my back too.... sheeett... a thread like that running makes me appreciate this place.

Do i hear harps?

2AM when i read that... think i jumped an didnt continue reading... Your right. Scotts got my back, thanks KC. !
Glad I was able to convey myself in a diplomatic manner. I hope LI Craig finds you this weekend, if he doesn't its his loss.

No need to add anything else, KC, Chad and BQ took care of it.

The brothers rise to the need again! Thanks guys!

Back