Weekend Project-Primo Oval XL

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
The cast iron daisy wheel has gradually gummed up to where it doesn’t slide level nor freely. Removed, wrapped in foil and into the oven at 425* for a couple episodes of Sons of Anarchy. Let cool overnight. Today will dissemble and get after the crustys’. Really give them the business. May have to repeat. First time to do this since new. Probably replace the chimney gasket. Have gasket material around here somewhere. I have the new larger Primo Thermometer. May install that. Believe it requires enlargement of the stem tunnel. Still no notice of shipping on my replacement fire bowl, although as of last night the shipping charge has been applied to CreditCard, however this morning it has been removed. Customer service said may take two weeks

Last edited:
That's pretty crusty! I put a Smokeware stainless steel chimney cap on mine a while back...the stocker was getting a bit of surface rust and needed to be re-seasoned...since mine sits uncovered outdoors where we get a good bit of rain, the grill can get a little bit of moisture through the stock cap, I thought it was a worthwhile upgrade.

Replaced top vent gasket and installed new thermometer. Took a lot of crud off. Wheel now spins and slides. Should be GTG

Last edited:
Back