Weekend Cooks for TD

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
The "Hall of Flame Cook-Off" Throwdown is almost over and I needed to cook something I felt was a worthy tribute to a past TD winner.

I fired up the Shirley 24x36 and loaded it with some baby backs, pork butts, and a brisket:

0BZluih.jpg

I figured with all of that meat I'd take lots of pics and have a good shot at finding something suitable for the TD.

Ribs came off first:

l8Y9DzQ.jpg

Followed by the butts:

nqKSGJV.jpg

And the brisket the next day as I was trying a no-wrap until finish and long hold like Goldee's does:

b20OAjO.jpg

The brisket ended up being overcooked and difficult to get pretty slices. It felt good when I pulled it but should have pulled it a little earlier with the long hold.

The pork shoulder and ribs looked good but the past TD winners I could find were my own entries from long ago. Wasn't my intent to draw inspiration from my own cooks. lol :doh:

Sooo, I cooked a boneless ribeye steak last night:

V6BnaEW.jpg

BjUWvcS.jpg

Picking something that looks worthy as a tribute to a past TD winner is harder than I thought. Forget trying to improve upon the past winning entries, what was I thinking? :wacko:

I love big cooks.Yours looks delicious.I have filled my Shirley up once in the last three years.I need to host more cookouts.

Oh my, that looks absolutely amazing. Everything looks like it came off a cover of a bbq cookbook.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Back