Weber VS Saber

What are you wanting to cook on this said gasser?
I will let you know how those items cook for me on my saber if that helps. How many people do you want to cook for?

Ugg...I haven't! I'm still trying to decide. I think this thread confused me even more ha. No one has anything negative to say about either one.
Paralysis by analysis, from all the feedback looks like there isn't a bad choice between the two.

I was in the same boat as you last year. My choices came down to Napoleon, Lion, or Weber and I went with the Napoleon and couldn't be happier. it is a tank. consistent temps.

well that's no help ha. throwing a new name into the ring...thanks for that... haha make me even more confused. i grilled ny strip last night on my old grill and had soo many flare ups...my grill about went in the creek. need to get something ordered this week. Leaning towards the Weber since it's $200 cheaper, well known customer service, and parts easier to find. I am still thinking about the Saber since it sounds like it gets to higher temps quicker, conserves gas a little more, and has less/no flare ups. But from all the responses...sounds like the both grill a steak with about the same quality. Would anyone dispute that? Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks

I have the ability to buy a Weber Summit E-420 for $900 brand new. Would you do that over a Saber S500 cast or what? Does the higher heat of saber produce a better grilled steak? Thanks

I have the ability to buy a Weber Summit E-420 for $900 brand new. Would you do that over a Saber S500 cast or what? Does the higher heat of saber produce a better grilled steak? Thanks
I personally would do it in a heartbeat!

Hey bud! Been down the road you are on more than once. Whatcha thinking? Are you leaning one way more than the other? I have a recommendation that I don't think anyone else has mentioned... but I don't want to muddy the waters more, if you've already made up your mind. Let me know if you wanna have one more option thrown at you ;-)

I'm always up for hearing other's thoughts. Let me know what you recommend
Although I no longer have a gas grill... this was the BEST gas grill setup that I have ever cooked on. Dead even heat distribution! Had the ability to get SCREAMING hot, and had the ability to run at lower temps. Was also very easy to maintain and clean. I could use it as a standard gas grill, or go IR when I wanted (which was 99% of the time). It was also backed by a great warranty from the most recognized grill manufacturer in the world. And replacement parts, when needed, were very easy to obtain. Soooo, what grill am I talking about???

A Weber, 100% decked out with GrillGrates! Yep, remove the stock grates, and replace with GrillGrates.

This was not my grill, but will give you an idea of what I am talking about (see below).

If you are interested, I had the new Weber Genesis, and had 5 panels cut to 19.25" long. Fit like a glove. A cool thing about using GG's like this... you rarely have to use higher than medium heat for grilling, as the GG's amplify the heat BIG-TIME. Saves quite a bit on propane usage. You can also turn one or more panels upside down for a killer griddle/searing surface.

Assuming you've seen Grill Grates before... but if not, you can take a closer look here:
http://www.grillgrate.com/

Just one more option to toss your way ;-)

Attachments

• FullGrillGrateReplacement.jpg
    FullGrillGrateReplacement.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 85
Ok thanks. I think I am going to go with Saber. I just haven't seen a bad review yet. And my number one concern is flare ups/even heat and the Saber seems to excel at that. Any opinions between the Saber 500 cast, cast-L, and the ss version? Thanks

I've been following this thread. I hope you enjoy the Saber! I'm still torn between Napoleon, Saber and Weber (s-470). What swayed you to Saber?

Well I read every review I could find and I just never saw one review where the person didn't love their Saber. Everyone that bought one just loved it. Weber owners seemed to love their's as well, but there was the occasional bad review or mention of flare ups (which was one of my chief concerns). Both I'm sure are fantastic grills, but in the end it just came down to high heat and no flare ups for me. Can't wait to get it.

Thanks

Back