Weber Summit Charcoal Grill Center

Hmm, I haven't tried my BBQ Guru DigiQ on the WSCG yet, but I was able to dial in 260 for 3 hours and then (after adding coals and raking the fire) 274 +/- 1 degree for another 3 hours (250 a 275 was the range I was targeting).

I did have a huge temperature excursion above 450 before I got my fire management under control, after which I hit the numbers previously stated.

Like another poster said, I would try naturally aspirating fire next. If you are looking to hold around 215-225, start a very small fire, like 5 coals or less, 20 is way too much. Keep the vents pinched back , like the bottom should be 1/2 between the closed position and the smoke position, and the top should be open 1/8 - 1/4. Let the grill come to temp slowly.

So far, so bad. Impossible to control temperature for smoking with or without BBQ Guru. 5.5-hour smoke today: aside from the spike to 280 degrees, time mostly spent trying to keep the temperature above 215. I've never had to attend a smoker more times. I've tried all kinds of adjustments and it's just not responsive. I did one test smoke and two for real. One more time, then I'm selling it.

I got 8 crispy $100 dollar bills waiting for you.

Sorry to all the opportunists and their crisp bills. Here's my post from a few minutes ago in another thread:

"I had some problems last weekend while using my WSCG with the BBQ Guru (documented in another thread). However, I did a brisket a couple days ago using the traditional method (i.e. no Guru). I had absolutely no problems maintaining temps for around 21 hours, with minimal effort. Most of the time was spent between 225-240, with one spike as high as 260. This was ameliorated by refilling the depleted water in the drip pan. Overall, the brisket was fantastic and the process simple. One thing of note was that I used less than 1/2 bag (18.6 lb) of Kingsford blue. This smoker is very fuel efficient."

Sorry to all the opportunists and their crisp bills. Here's my post from a few minutes ago in another thread:

"I had some problems last weekend while using my WSCG with the BBQ Guru (documented in another thread). However, I did a brisket a couple days ago using the traditional method (i.e. no Guru). I had absolutely no problems maintaining temps for around 21 hours, with minimal effort. Most of the time was spent between 225-240, with one spike as high as 260. This was ameliorated by refilling the depleted water in the drip pan. Overall, the brisket was fantastic and the process simple. One thing of note was that I used less than 1/2 bag (18.6 lb) of Kingsford blue. This smoker is very fuel efficient."

Glad to hear you figured it out.

lmfaoooo at everyone trying to buy a 2k grill for a quarter of the price lol

Lol Just farking around. Shipping from Jersey to L.A. would've been a deal breaker. :becky:

On a serious not glad you figured it out OP.:thumb:

lmfaoooo at everyone trying to buy a 2k grill for a quarter of the price lol

I bet bidding would have gotten over half price, but I am glad Smokey is figuring it out. There is going to still be more learning curve ahead to get good results with the guru, but at least he is seeing what the grill can do.

Back