THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WHS88

Full Fledged Farker
For you guys that have them, what do you use them for and how often do you use it? For those that don't, do you ever wish you woud have added it? Thanks!

I always was planning on ordering one with the warmer. I found a used Lang without it so I bought it instead. I don't miss it all that much, but still wish I had found one with. Mainly for sausage hanging, but also just because more space can't be a bad thing.

On a Shirley the warming box doubles as a separate cooker .i grill in it. I sometimes smoke at a different temperature. I also use it to preheat my splits so they light faster. I would not want to be without it.

I agree 100%. I use my warmer evertime I grill. A few times a week. Also i will state how well it works to warm your splits in the winter. I would be lost without it.

I use my warmer all the time. But mostly for just resting food or keeping things warm.
It will hold 4 full pans.

Thanks Guys! Trying to put together my order and was torn between an insulated fire box or the warming oven. My temps don't drive the need for insulated, it was really just to keep from having that hot box on the smoker. Sounds like warming oven may be the way to go. I assume with the warming oven you can smoke at much lower temps as well. Does that sound right?

Thanks Guys! Trying to put together my order and was torn between an insulated fire box or the warming oven. My temps don't drive the need for insulated, it was really just to keep from having that hot box on the smoker. Sounds like warming oven may be the way to go. I assume with the warming oven you can smoke at much lower temps as well. Does that sound right?
If you get the warmer get the firebox to warmer damper. You can really dial in the temps. I went with 1/2 inch thick firebox.

Just one firebox with a separate damper from the firebox to the warmer. That's what makes it so versatile.

Go to Youtube and watch a couple videos from "Shirley Fabrication". You will learn all you need to know about warmers, fireboxes, and cook-chambers. That's what sold me. They build one hell of a smoker for a better than fair price! :smile:

I can upgrade the firebox to 1/2" and get the warmer, but it becomes a price issue. I may be able to get insulated (haven't asked), but again a price issue. Unfortunately, with what I'm getting I need to save where I can. Again, with my climate I'm not too concerned with heat loss.

I think Shirley builds a fabulous smoker, but with a wait time out until a year from now, not sure I can handle that. I'm looking at LSG and was happy to see Paul make a comment recently stating that he thought they build a good smoker.

Thanks again for all the input. Keep it coming if you have it!

I can upgrade the firebox to 1/2" and get the warmer, but it becomes a price issue. I may be able to get insulated (haven't asked), but again a price issue. Unfortunately, with what I'm getting I need to save where I can. Again, with my climate I'm not too concerned with heat loss.

I think Shirley builds a fabulous smoker, but with a wait time out until a year from now, not sure I can handle that. I'm looking at LSG and was happy to see Paul make a comment recently stating that he thought they build a good smoker.

Thanks again for all the input. Keep it coming if you have it!

I hear you a on a years wait on a Shirley and glad I bought my two before they became so popular .

Back