THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Luckily I worked night shift and the wife asked me to stop for coffee creamer. Really couldn't even tell it was Black Friday. Not many people there at the Hattiesburg Walmart. I wasn't expecting our Walmart to have the Blackstone, but I had to go back there and check out of curiosity. There was a whole stack of them in the garden section. The Walmart guy that helped me put it in the cart said I was the first one to get one. Was going to hold out for a good deal on the larger Camp Chef, but couldn't pass up the 28 Blackstone for $99. Got a little cheap Samsung flat screen tv to take to work for quiet nights at work also. Win win.

My wife wanted to buy one as they had 30 of them at least. I told her no we can wait as outdoor cooking in PA is not very popular. I wait for them to be half that price end of next summer. I got my wsms the 14.5"one a for $50 a piece. Just saying we can wait.

I tried online first thing Thurs morning, and they were sold out. My wife was amazing enough to go to WM on Thurs night to get one for me. She stood in line for over an hour to get it, then over an hour to checkout. Then two of my buddies went to their local WM's on Friday, just to find out they were sold out. I said screw it, I'll go check mine. They had 6 left, which I couldn't believe, so I grabbed them each one. Store wasn't bad at all, it was my first time going out on Black Friday, and I was amazed how great everyone was. Who knew!?

It was well worth the 40 minutes at the store to get mine. I think its all in the location neither target or Walmart were very busy, only slightly busier then normal and only for that super cheap TV or computer. I expect that I might be able to find one down here for sub $100 after Christmas as this is not something that will sell well in South Florida.

I did not go out Turkey day. My 10 y/o really wanted to go but I know the drill in this area! It is a mad house, you can hardly move around and things are gone within minutes!

I decided to head south to Zions National Park with my boy the next morning, stayed at a friends house and he told me to go to the local one there. Got there around 5pm Friday and the store was less busy than an average day at my local WM. They had almost everything from the BF ad. I got my griddle (they still had 20+), my son picked out a few xbox games he wanted and we strolled out.

It's my boys Xmas gift to me so I have to wait until then. He wants mongolian BBQ for the first cook! :)

Back