Virginia/Mid Atlantic Brethren Bash

any date picked yet thanks for starting this

No dates have been picked out as of yet. I have been busy but after the first 2 weeks of Feb it will calm down enough for me to really look at the calendar and look at locations.

I'm very interested, depending on the dates involved.

Thanks to all who are putting this together.

I'm definitely interested, not too far away from where I am. My calendar tends to fill up quick, so I'm highly contingent on the date. But, in the even it's a date that works out, I'm there! Thanks for organizing!

I am taking some time to look into First Landing State Park in Virginia Beach for pricing and availability. From the website it looks to be about $100 for the use of their main pavillion (can seat 80 people) and then $3-$4 for parking per car. I have to call to find out if we are able to bring smokers and such to the pavillion and I will also work on driving out there to see how close the parking lot is to the pavillion.

I am also going to look at the Fort Monroe picnic area's as well in Hampton, VA for this event.

Unfortunately I have become even busier than ever. I just accepted a new position at work, and decided to go back to school to finish my degree, ontop of trying to get a catering business going. Being pulled in a bunch of different directions leaves it, so that I dont have the spare time to actually plan this event.

If anybody else would like to take the reigns that would be great, as I can not take it any further.

On a side note, I did go out to the location on Ft. Monroe in Hampton, VA and it would be a great site for a Brethren Bash. It is on the water of the Chesapeake Bay, has camping/rv sites not too far away from it, and a considerable amount of parking. I can pass the address/info along to anybody that decides to take control of this.

I'm sorry for letting everybody down.

I want to thank you for everything that you have done You are not letting anyone down You are doing what is right for you Congrats on getting the new position and a very special congrats to going back to school to get your degree

I would be happy to plan the bash moving forward if no one else wants to plan it.

If you guys did come to the bash say this spring what region would be best for you?

1.Hampton Roads VA
2.Richmond Area
3.Eastern Shore of Virginia
4.Washington DC area
5.Another darn state

Back