Veterans Golden Age Games - volunteers needed

Is there a need for a bunch of hands for tasks like handing out food, cleaning up, etc? My son is in scouts, and some of the boys from his troop might be willing to come out as well -- they are always looking for community service opportunities.

Yes! This event runs on volunteer help. Running smokers is actually the easiest part of these events. We need many hands to make an event like this possible, and we would welcome the scouts for sure! Everything from prepping sides to doing dishes to dishing food needs to done. They would certainly be put to work :thumb:

Also, we'd love to have you and your family there as well! Thank you for volunteering!

Checking with Flight Control to see if the pattern is clear .....

Man, I hope so! You're part of the original crew, wouldn't be the same without you!

Depending on how I feel health wise I'll be there to help out.

That's awesome, Norm! We'd love to have you

I'm in! I can come mid-morning, after I get the crews going at work, then I'm about 20 minutes away. Andy starts his internship in June, and almost certainly can't make it. Rick is checking his work schedule, and I'll let you know asap. Let me know if we get in a pinch, and I'll see if I can get some other folks around here to jump in!

Fantastic, Chris! You guys are always a HUGE help. Our volunteer pool from years past is definitely going to be hindered by the location and date (especially since 25 or so of them all work with me in the same dept and there's no way we get that PTO request approved :laugh:) so please spread the word. We welcome all able bodies!

Yes! This event runs on volunteer help. Running smokers is actually the easiest part of these events. We need many hands to make an event like this possible, and we would welcome the scouts for sure! Everything from prepping sides to doing dishes to dishing food needs to done. They would certainly be put to work :thumb:

Also, we'd love to have you and your family there as well! Thank you for volunteering!

how many boys are you in need of? in the 10 - 12 range, or more like the 50+ range? That will guide me as to whether we need to reach out to our district, or just our 2 local troops.

oh, and I might be able to get one of the troops to bring their trailer propane grill if needed.

I'd have to win the lottery to be there...

Getting a ticket today.

Anyway it is awesome what you fellas are doing and to be honest it would be an incredible experience to do something like that. It's not something that happens quite the same way in Australia.

Cheers!

how many boys are you in need of? in the 10 - 12 range, or more like the 50+ range? That will guide me as to whether we need to reach out to our district, or just our 2 local troops.

oh, and I might be able to get one of the troops to bring their trailer propane grill if needed.

10-20 scouts would be amazing. I’ve had another scout troop mention it as well! It’s a great service opportunity for them! Thanks!!

I'm in for this cook, were booked solid with catering jobs that week so I can only commit one smoker and myself but it would be my big elevated straight back Shirley Fab and I could use a hand if you guy's want to come and cook that pit takes a crew to keep it full up and running to capacity.

Ya'll are welcome to stop overnight at the house on the way up if you like Paul, instead of dealing with the Chicago traffic and tolls to get up to Wisconsin I'll tow the smoker North into Michigan and get on the high speed express ferry from Michigan to Wisconsin it drops us off right near the Madison VA and the scenery is pretty cool.

It would be epic to have two Shirley Fabs on the ship at the same time!

https://www.lake-express.com/

Very nice offer!!!!! Thx and we may do just that!!!!!

I posted over to the Chicago BBQ Society FB group. Lot of restaurants, comp teams, caterers and us home BBQ guys.

Hopefully get you some big cookers... I'm up in the air, depends what's going on at work.

Back