THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Negolien

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
christian
Hey All,

I usually don't velvet my meats because I marinade them and that usually achieves the desired results for me. I did however velvet some chicken for tacos tonight. I tend to always overcook my taco chicken so I figured I would give it a shot. I kept it in the fridge about 12 hours after a good mixing. Took it out browned it in the wok then thru in half a cup of water and some chicken taco Mcormicks seasoning. Fabulous.

1 tbs corn starch

1 tbs water

1 tbs oil

some rub

After marinade

*brown then put in half a cup of water and 1 packet of taco seasoning cooked per directions

Yes, It worked very well chicken was very juicy and tender even after reheating. I will do this in the future too. I just gotta learn to combine it with a marinade or a rub. I added a small bit of rub during the velveting and then added spices per taco packet directions and it was fantastic.

I use cornstarch with a little oil and soy sauce, maybe some other spices too.
Baking soda works also.
Some people use both just to make sure.

Back