Valentine’s Day…. What’s the plan?

We are having to table our V-day until tomorrow night due to scheduling.

But our first one in college was celebrated with a bucket of KFC, and we've done that for the last 18 years now. Of course it's changed over the years, and now we have two little girls who partake with us :thumb:

We’ve done the restaurant thing and been disappointed with meals and service. We’ll save that for another, quieter night.

Something simple but good so I don’t have to worry about messing it up. Prime filets reverse seared with lodge cast iron on a Weber genesis propane grill. Fresh salad as a side. Some bubbly if we decide to cheat from the low carb diet.

Not Q but always delightful

Every year, wife's favorite: Chicken Cordon Bleu. Some years grilled. This year, pan seared and baked with black forest ham and provolone cheese. Breaded with leftover sourdough bread crumbs. Side of asparagus and left over potato boats from Sunday night.

Attachments

• 20230214_181609.jpg
    20230214_181609.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 51
  • 20230214_181636.jpg
    20230214_181636.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 50
On-Call.....

Mrs G-man, MD is On-Call at the hospital this year, so we improvised a bit, like other years we were not together. She knew I would get her flowers, so she thought the label on this tequila looked a little bit like flowers, we both got flowers in the end. :-D

I think common themes from all the previous responses has been happiness and contentment. We are blessed and I'm grateful.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, my wife does not share my enthusiasm for food. She's not super excited to eat most proteins. She does enjoy a few chicken dishes, (particularly those without much chicken and a lot of other stuff), so I made her chicken piccata using thin sliced chicken (did I mention she enjoys having a low ratio of chicken to other stuff?). Served over fettuccini and accompanied by steamed green beans.

I had a leftover grilled rib eye with the green beans.

We both enjoyed our respective meals!

Bruce

Back