Triple Dipped, Beer Battered "Fried' Chicken, off the grill?

MossyMO

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Marty Owens
[FONT=&quot]Saw a post of triple dipped, beer battered "fried' chicken off the grill using a Vortex and a Weber kettle and knew we had to try the recipe following it to a "T" on a kamado grill smoking with a chunk of apple wood [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]and chicken thighs[/FONT].

-----

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
-----

Well I'll be danged... it was unbelievably crispy as any fried chicken we've ever had!

[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

Thanks for looking![/FONT]

Wow!

I've never heard of the method to do this before, yours sure turned out nice!

Will you post the recipe? I would like to try it.

[FONT=&quot]Seasoned with Owens BBQ Buffalo Wing seasoning, then followed the following recipe for the rest. But instead of fried I did them on the BGE around a full vortex of lump running 450º with a chunk of apple wood till an internal temp of at least 175º in the thighs.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/89268/triple-dipped-fried-chicken

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]- 3 cups all-purpose flour[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups beer or water
- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying

In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning. In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer. You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.

Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.[/FONT]

Looks good!!! I want chicken for dinner now.

Couple different ways to do it. The high heat is the key. Do a search for KFC or Kettle Fried Chicken.

Back