Tribute to the Robles Doble Burger.....Update: Lil Bobby B takes one down!

Might impressive Bob;
great story and background along with outstanding pics.
Thanks for sharing, it sure looks good!

I was Farkin Hungry when I looked at this. It is worse now. I tried to bite it = but no success. That is awesome I would Definately Hit That :thumb::-D

I love the story more than the burger and I lust for the burger. A entire grill menu on a bun.

Just had to bump this thread. I edited my OP. When a place closes, rumors spread. I learned today that the rumors were wrong. For the last couple months, I had heard from a coworker that Mr. Robles' son, CoCo (Nickname), that's how I know him as of now, has actually had a couple places since his dad passed away. He sold the last one along with the name and opened up a new place on the main street to my folks house. My dad, mom, and brother were out there last weekend! He named it Robles Original! YES, it's the original. CoCo now has his son helping work the grill. His son made the Robles Doble today. The burger was just as I remembered it and it brought back memories. A sad day too as Lil Bobby B and I had attended a rosary mass for a cousin of mine who passed away. But, some experiences for my son too. He got to meet some new cousins he had never met and we hope to start new family bonds there and I got to spend some time eating some food that I had a connection with, with my son. I talked to him about those OLD days. He picked the Gorditas. One is stuffed with CoCo's "pini wini" beanie weenie. He devoured BOTH of em and wants to go back and tackle the DOBLE!! I'll show you a pick of that when I go back. The other was barbacoa. I had the Doble! Good food, good times, and great company. Heck, we even had a conversation in there about concealed handgun permits!! CoCo likes guns!
WP_20141222_001_zps255a16f1.jpg

WP_20141222_002_zps97e0bc72.jpg

Hope to go back on Saturday to try out his menudo and so Lil B can take on the Doble Burger!!!

Bob

Back