THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Had an akaushi tri tip I needed to cook and I thought a lazy day after Christmas seemed like a good time to do it. This is akaushi beef I picked up from a locally owned butcher shop that raises their own cattle. If you’re in KC it’s called The Upper Cut KC and I highly recommend their meat. The filets I had from them last weekend were excellent and this tri tip did not disappoint.

I seasoned it with Oakridge BBQ Santa Maria, reverse seared on the Primo XL using Jealous Devil lump and pecan wood chips. I used a baguette for the sammie bread, creamed horseradish on the bottom bun, provolone cheese on the meat, broiled, then topped with caramelized red onion. It was quite tasty :thumb:

Suds, great minds think alike. I did Tri tip sandwiches with santa maria rub, reverse seared on Christmas day with a chimichurri!

I have had my eye on that place for a while…may have to make the trip up there.

Thanks for the report!

I have had my eye on that place for a while…may have to make the trip up there.

Thanks for the report!

Definitely worth it IMO! If you order online and spend over $50 they'll throw two of their "butcher's blend" hamburger patties. I wasn't aware of this when I went to their shop but I did buy two of the patties and they made great burgers. The gal working the desk said they'd won some sort of award or contest for best burger or something like that.

Suds, great minds think alike. I did Tri tip sandwiches with santa maria rub, reverse seared on Christmas day with a chimichurri!

Ive never made a chimichurri or had it on tri tip, been meaning to do that. For some reason I always overlook the tri tip in the cooler and don’t cook it often. It hit the spot though - as good as the beef itself was, the caramelized onions really stole the show for me and complimented the flavors well. I rarely do onions that way but they’re so good.

Back