TOTY Updated??

Most of us reps "build" our scoring program prior to arriving at the contest and it is based on the list provided us by the organizers.

When Kathy & I distribute the turn-in boxes, we usually verify team names against this. It is sooooo easy to add a "g" when it supposed to be "smokin". Especially if the team phoned in their entry. And you wouldn't believe how many teams don't want any capitalized letters in their name. Or use "-n-" or "&" instead of "and".

Another big problem we reps have is that the present scoring program has a limited space for the team name. I don't remember exactly how many characters is the limit, but teams are getting so creative (and long) with their names, that they don't fit on the system.

And if a team goes to 8-10 contests and have 6-7 different reps, it is very easy to have a descrepency.

HOPEFULLY, the new program will allow us to enter some number along with the name so it will not be so particular as to how the name is entered.

Phillip

Maybe this is a dumb question...is there a search button or something on the kcbs site to find your team name?
Or are you supposed to just scroll through all the names?

As Bobby taught us (reminded us) in the last thread use control F on any of thepages and then type in your name.

Dawn at KCBS handled the project. A huge undertaking for her. As she didn't create the mess.

Philip and Kathy were the first reps that I had that walked around and distributed the boxes ahead of the cooks meeting. A class touch, as you can then have one on one time with the reps. More and more reps are now doing this.

I had to call and leave her a message they have us listed with Great Grills O' Fire and Great Grills O' Fire Jeff City(which we had to use at the Great American). Hopefully can get it fixed.

Philip and Kathy were the first reps that I had that walked around and distributed the boxes ahead of the cooks meeting. A class touch, as you can then have one on one time with the reps. More and more reps are now doing this.

Couldn't agree more. The other bonus to that was being able to get a jump on starting my boxes...especially being that was the weekend I was introduced to that wonderfull but evil concotion "Sun Drop & JD":rolleyes: Should just call that drink a "Drop Me":tongue:

I'm saving my monthly samples so we can do that again in Westmont this year! I'll be taking Sundrop orders, also!

Phillip

There was some folks that were disappointed that the TOTY rankings were announced before the banquet and the surprise factor was lost. Looks like the surprise may still be there:lol:

You Yankees didn't finish off what I carried up there last year. Of course, we kept it quiet around The Shigs!:lol:

Hey now!!! I tried my bestest to finish it off!!! That dedication probably cost me that .5 points that I lost the GC by!!! :shock:

hmmm. I emailed her this AM, no update yet though.

Chris, yours are going to be messed up, because there is an iQue team from Southern Illinois... Same exact name.... Although, I do not think they score quite like how you guys do... :cool:

Okay heres a question, our team name is Butt-A-Bing BBQ, we are listed as being in 315th place. BUTT A BING BBQ is listed in 1620th place. I am wondering if those are our points also. I have seen our name both ways on scoresheets. I have also seen it without the BBQ on the end also. Combine the scores and we are in the 240's.

Chris

:?:

Chris,

You need to contact the KCBS office to have it corrected. I am sure there is an error

Is there a reason why the member # of the head cook can't be used, to eliminate the issues that come along with team names?

Back