Top Tier Made In USA Non Stick Skillets

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Cast iron, I love it. My Bride has troubles with the weight. We have a glass cook top. CI and glass Not a good combo with a person who tends to drop items, through no fault of hers. We adjust. She bought a Calphalon non stick and it scratched in no time. Probably me launching cast iron in skillet cabinet. I’ll shoulder the blame. I’ll also come up with the solution for her. Check this article.

https://www.southernliving.com/news/sams-club-non-stick-frying-pan

Sam’s-Made In USA removable silicone handle. Oven safe 400* with handle 500* without Lifetime “for any reason “ warranty.

15&10$

Last edited:
^^^Agree once carbon steel pans are fully seasoned they are nonstick and a fraction of the weight of CI yet have nice even temps.

I have 3 different sizes of these pans, they are the best non stick pans I have ever had. They are about 8 years old, and still in good shape. I prefer the 6" for eggs, unless I am doing omelets.

Nice. The downfall of most non-stick pans is being stacked on top of each other. I use the Circulon set at COSTCO and just know I need to replace about every 5 years. I use them heavily.

The downfall of non-stick is the significant health risk associated with the coating

http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/coo...eviews/a17426/nonstick-cookware-safety-facts/

Good article.

I stay in several motels each year with kitchenettes. I carry my own skillets- mostly a vintage #8 Wagner Sydney O. Good all purpose. For reasons outlined in this article about overheated non stick, I never use the motel supplied skillets. I can control my environment, not others.

If you take the time to read the article a lot of the bad stuff is no longer used. As well, exposure to the bad stuff come from many sources. We quit eating MW popcorn many years ago.

Google “Eclipse coating by Whitford” I’m not sure I accomplished my lighter skillet goal. Almost feel as heavy as Calphalon.

Probably more than anyone cares to read, coating on these are triple layered and chemically different from Teflon, but again keep an eye on heat.

I’ve had 2? I think of the French made carbon skillets. My son and DIL have them now. I never even removed the wax coating. I’ll pick up an 8” CS and keep it this time, to compare with the non stick Whitford-Eclipse Coating and CI. I enjoy my stainless steel pots as well.

When I bought the Instant Pot that was a big plus in my book- stainless pot

I was buying a couple new Calphalons every couple years. This year I got a set of the Henckels Granitium saute pans. You can use metal utensils on them, although I don't. So far so good. I like them and they can go in the oven up to 500.

Still.. for that kind of temps I use cast iron. Really the nonsticks are for eggs.

We have a non stick fry pan Both my wife and I hate it Have thought of an instant pot Not ready to spend the money on it yet We have 2 enamel coated CI pots-they are really nice

Carbon steel is the answer. A lifetime purchase like cast iron and you will get the best sear you have ever got from a pan.

Perfect for searing items and finishing them off in the oven, as well.

Every non-stick pan I've ever used steams meats and fish as much as browns it, I hate them. Good for a few things but not better than a properly seasoned steel pan.

Back