THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
And it was good.

I bought a whole boneless ribeye roast from a local grocer for $7/lb, they usually have some sort of “angus” label from random midwest farms (not IBP/Excel/etc) that I’m always pretty happy with, and these were no exception. I figured I’d stock the freezer up with some cheap beef since who knows what the market will be like later in the year.

Anyhow, I made some crispy pan fried Yukon gold taters and roasted some Brussels sprouts in the oven. Once the sides were done I went out to flip the steaks over a hot lump charcoal fire on the Weber kettle 26”. These steaks were probably 3/4 - 1” thick so I was concerned about overcooking them. I cooked no more than 30 seconds per side before flipping.

Was pretty happy with the flippity floppity steaks. I haven’t grilled a steak on a kettle grill in a LONG time, the Primo has taken those duties. I think the proximity of the meat to the coals on the kettle was particularly conducive to floppy floppy steak cooking.

Last edited:
Nice work, Neil! I find this method, when properly executed per my tutorial on the subject, produce a "smoky, crusty, juicy steak". Yours certainly looks to be that...

3SLbgkv.jpg

Last edited:
Back