THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thirdeye

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Aka.... Beef Burrito With Rice.

Originally Posted by dannypat21
I would like to do a BBQ burrito Throwdown: anything smoked or grilled as long as it is wrapped in a tortilla.

Hmmm... a BBQ burrito. At la casa de thirdeye, leftover BBQ usually finds it's way into a burrito or enchilada, something like pulled pork or shredded chicken. But... what's more BBQ than burnt ends? How would they work in a burrito? And what filling would accent and highlight the BE's without being overpowering? Well I found out today.

For starters, I broke down a brisket and prepped the point for burnt ends. Seasonings were a local prime rib rub, some Smokin' Guns Hot, and for a kick.... a light layer of Temper Temper (Pendery's spice company) which is a blend of red & black pepper, jalapeno, and habanero.

About 3.5 hours in the drum, stoked with hickory and some A-Maze-N Pitmaster Blend pellets, wrapped and back on for another 3.5 hours, then rested in a hotbox for 4 hours.

I did not sauce the burnt ends, just reduced them in Minor's AuJus until they surrendered. The Mexi rice had some diced red mini-bell peppers.

Sides are some Poblano Relleno's (black and pinto beans, garlic, cumin, cilantro and cheese) grilled indirect.... and Mexican street corn (Elote) basted with a mix of butter and Butcher's Butter Grilling Oil.... over a 500° fire. (ProTip - wear gloves when slathering butter/oil on corn) What you don't see in the plate shot is some jazzed up mayonnaise, chili salt and some shredded cheese that are the toppings for the corn. It gets dressed up, then squirted with lime juice.

hPEpFJT.jpg

VdMNiQx.jpg

SAGNbET.jpg

0UytAQl.jpg

DSC01906ar.jpg

Give 'er a try. It's easy to make, I've even made it at Eggfests. This time around I wrapped the ears and hit them in the micro for 2 minutes just to wake them up. Then onto a 400° fire direct. You sort of baste with butter and rotate, most of the time my Egg is open. When you get it from a taco truck they will have a skewer stick in one end because the toppings can get messy.

Back