THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which throwdown would you choose first to enter?

• Eggs

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Lamb

Votes: 4 14.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
How about a Steak and Egg Throwdown? I mean if we are going to break the bank, Why not go Full Tilt Boogie?

I would vote for lamb 'cept I've never had any what with so many pigs and cows about. :razz:
Excellent example of great egg usage. You get a gold star!

Last edited:
Pretty sure a specialty butcher near me has it. He's got all sorts of exotic game. :grin:

Sako, I recall CA banning horse meat about 20 some years ago, it was an initiative, prop 6 or something. Still ok to turn them into to glue...

I won a couple of TD's recently and the forum mods challenged my choices as well. No offense taken, they are thoughtful and trying to keep the TD's interesting.

That said, IF eggs are the choice I will enter.

Won the recent Soups, Stews & Chili TD, giving me choice of the next TD feature item.

I picked eggs...any method/style. The powers that be have been fighting me on my choice, claiming it wouldn't get enough entries.

Made me pick a second choice so went with lamb, another favorite of mine. Fine with that but kinda PO'd eggs were not considered acceptable.

According to TPTB, there hasn't been an egg TD since 2010. Last lamb TD was 2019.

My apologies to all. Didn't mean to [strike]ruffle any feathers :tape:[/strike] cause any commotion.

I thought eggs would be an interesting change of pace and a way to bump up the number of TD entries. Versatile. Easy to work smoke into an egg dish. Use to make bacon, potato, onion frittata on the OTS when camping.

This forum is the best place to find food creativity/ideas, whether it be the main or sides. Was looking forward to what would come out of it.

ftr...eggs can be smoked

I won a couple of TD's recently and the forum mods challenged my choices as well. No offense taken, they are thoughtful and trying to keep the TD's interesting.

That said, IF eggs are the choice I will enter.

***Mod Note***:

We make every effort to accommodate winners when they submit their proposed choice for the next bi-weekly Throwdown. However, we may request an alternate choice when it’s been done in the last year, or a category with cumbersome rules and conditions, or, a category we feel won’t drive many entries.

We have nearly 14 years of Throwdown data to see patterns as it relates to what works and what doesn’t, and in this case, when we requested an alternate, it was mutually agreed upon and that Throwdown is officially in progress, so it’s time to move on.

Anyone who has questions regarding our policy on how we handle winner’s Throwdown category choices or any other Throwdown topic are encouraged to continue the discussion in the Throwdown lounge:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882

Finally, we would welcome any entry in the current lamb Throwdown that includes eggs, so those of you who are on the fence about the subject can have it both ways.

:mrgreen:

Thanks for listening, and time to get cookin'!

So, the 20 to 3 vote had no impact. hmmm

You guys wouldn't happen to be Guy Fieri fans, would you? :mrgreen:

Finally, we would welcome any entry in the current lamb Throwdown that includes eggs, so those of you who are on the fence about the subject can have it both ways.

OK, so... a lamb omelet? :wink:

There is no lamb available around here except at Easter time. I'm expecting entries from Aussies, where it's a staple.

I woulda done eggs though. Goes well with a fatty.

There is no lamb available around here except at Easter time.

Can you buy gyro meat near you? Minced lamb is still lamb!

They have "Greek" burger here that are double cheeseburger with additional gyro meat topping, similar to how they will top a burger with pulled pork and call it Southern

Gyro omelette.....

[emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

I was wrong... a large supermarket nearby actually has some lamb in stock.
Fresh rack of lamb, $32.99/lb.
:shock:

Think I'll scramble some eggs now.

wait why is this a question? ive never gone for an egg kebab, but lamb is serious jam

***Mod Note***:

We make every effort to accommodate winners when they submit their proposed choice for the next bi-weekly Throwdown. However, we may request an alternate choice when it’s been done in the last year, or a category with cumbersome rules and conditions, or, a category we feel won’t drive many entries.

We have nearly 14 years of Throwdown data to see patterns as it relates to what works and what doesn’t, and in this case, when we requested an alternate, it was mutually agreed upon and that Throwdown is officially in progress, so it’s time to move on.

Anyone who has questions regarding our policy on how we handle winner’s Throwdown category choices or any other Throwdown topic are encouraged to continue the discussion in the Throwdown lounge:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=290882

:mrgreen:

sorry folks, I was responding on my phone before. In my attempt to be brief and just explain the move from WP in my above response, i guess things came across wrong.

first off, we cant be taking throwdown stuff out of the throwdown forum to woodpile just to get the outside world involved when theres a disagreement. Its kind of like airing dirty laundry across forums and everyone know we frown upon that.

When i said its a legit issue, i was referring to the throw down mods requesting a different option if they see problem.

I think if theirs an issue to be discussed PUBLICLY, then the throwdown lounge may be a better place. But please dont bring private issues to the general populace unless its agreed to among the all the private party participants.

and finally, the general forum rules apply here in throwdowns also. Specifically, the moderators decisions are final. Disagreements should be handled privately thru PM and should not be aired publicly.

please dont take this as reprimands. It is NOT.. just trying to keep things light and avoid hard feelings in something thats is 99.9% fun.

phil
And, here I thought politics was limited to N&P. :caked:

You guys owe me for ripping off data from my statistical analysis and fudging up the title of the new monther :biggrin1:

And, here I thought politics was limited to N&P. :caked:

You guys owe me for ripping off data from my statistical analysis and fudging up the title of the new monther :biggrin1:

We don't have a new monthly throwdown yet. Voting is still going on to select it. It starts on February 1st. :noidea:

We don't have a new monthly throwdown yet. Voting is still going on to select it. It starts on February 1st. :noidea:
oops. My mistake. I can't keep up with all the throwdowns. :insert old man with a cane smilie:

iu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back