Thinking about stocking stuffers...

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Name or Nickame
Robb
For those of you that have Aaron Franklin's Barbecue Meat Smoking Manifesto book and have actually read it, I am wondering 2 things:

1) Was it engaging, and a good read?

2) Did it actually help you up your game? And if so, in what specific way(s)?

[ame="https://www.amazon.com/Franklin-Barbecue-Meat-Smoking-Manifesto-Aaron/dp/1607747200/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1480619964&sr=8-1&keywords=aaron+franklin"]Franklin Barbecue: A Meat-Smoking Manifesto: Aaron Franklin, Jordan Mackay: 9781607747208: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

Thanks!

I bought and read it in 4 days. I was hard to put down. It was very interesting to read about his bbq life. It is really helpful if you use a stick burner. I say get it.

Eric

Its awsome, I have it on top of my desk and reread it, more informative than him giving his secrets away but really paves the path for you.

I enjoyed it from a cooking standpoint but also as a small business owner. Well worth the time and money in my opinion.

I enjoyed it and the engineer inside of me really enjoyed some of the tech talk that was involved, as well. The whole fire management and how smoke moves through the equipment was a good section for me.

You get great insight into the mind of one of BBQ's top guys. Aaron's book is very refreshing in that he doesn't just list a bunch of recipes..."here's how you need to do it" type talk....he goes through every aspect of BBQ...including the "why" he does it the way he does. Plus, his story of how he started in the beginning with his backyard cooking for friends and grew it into what it is today is really fascinating.

Kind of the praise I expected this book to get... onto the stocking wish list it goes :)

Thanks again for the input!

Great book and a must have/read for any BBQ enthusiast.

For anyone who doesn't understand the incredible awesomeness of the Amazon Kindle...

I just read this thread and was convinced that I needed to read Franklin's book. Went to the link provided in this thread and two minutes later I'm diving into the book.

For anyone who doesn't understand the incredible awesomeness of the Amazon Kindle...

I just read this thread and was convinced that I needed to read Franklin's book. Went to the link provided in this thread and two minutes later I'm diving into the book.

2 minutes huh? Why so long??? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back