The New Blackstone Grill + Kabob Grill--Unboxing and details

Kabobs look good, as does the steak.

So, charcoal grate lowered all the way down and burns through the ash pan?

I overloaded it with too much charcoal. And mesquite at that. I've got more pics and I have company as well.:biggrin1:

Learning curve and too much alcohol.:becky:

Happy with the grill though.

Got kabobs on now - Left the basket at lowest setting but after heating it will not move?

Tempered down and cooking kabobs now with a few wood chunks added for smoke flavor.

Got kabobs on now - Left the basket at lowest setting but after heating it will not move?

Tempered down and cooking kabobs now with a few wood chunks added for smoke flavor.

Yup! It's a biatch to raise and lower the basket. Doable but a biatch to do so.

That ash pan doesn't look deep enough to hold fire bricks but maybe placing some ceramic tiles in there would attenuate that heat enough so it lessens the likelihood of burning out the pan - maybe???

Thanks for the reportage Sako and SD! Food looks excellent btw.

Thanks Jeanie!! The food was def good. We spun pork kabobs, pork belly kabobs, lamb, wings and ground pork kabobs

iqrKdeLh.png

Alright guys,

I got it figured out. Basically a little goes a loooooong way on this grill. It's a pretty efficient cooker since it doesn't really require much charcoal. I guess I loaded it up like my Santa Maria grill but it was way too much fuel. It will work excellent with briquettes. Maybe a chimney and half, if that, is all you need. It's also a mean searing machine if you want it to be if you saw the pics on the previous page. :-D The bottom/pullout ash tray expanded but retracted once it cooled. Aside the pics of the paint flaking (I put way too much fuel) there isn't really any damage so that's good. No paint blisters or anything anywhere else on the grill.

Only thing was the crank to adjust the coal basket was a pain due to the heat but doable.

She's going to a new home btw. :becky: My brother was over and he really liked it so I told him that it was his as I already had my fun with it. :heh: I seriously don't have room.

Some pics. It puts out some amazing kabobs.

Ground pork kabobs at the end

4jOVhhkh.png

Came out amazing in all but 10 mins

5TUR0kJh.png

Pork kabob, pork belly kabobs and wings

fglHSNJh.png

cSuFFnPh.png

Threw some corn on at the end

eatsYMIh.png

Thanks Sako.

I used a full chimney of KBB and then about a half added to fill the basket for a seasoning of the grates.

The cook went well with the exception the basket adjuster threads gawled up and would not move at all. It was at the lowest setting so did not affect the cook.

I did get it apart todat with some effort and working back and forth until I could get it removed. Will need to contact Blackstone as the threads on the crank and nut are both buggered up. It did work really well before any heat was added.

I'll post up some food pics soon

Thanks

well looks like some minor problems but maybe blackstone will get them fixed and sell an updated version 2?

question, the rotisserie runs off ac cord? if so how long is the cord? cant find that info anywhere

OK here are some pics.

First a seasoning for the grill and grates -

View attachment 126966

We did steak (marinated Rib Eye), U-10 Scallops, 16-20 Shrimp, Mushrooms, inions, and Peppers. All loaded up on the skewers

View attachment 126967

On the grill. Coals had calmed down and I moved them to the meat side and a few hickory chunks added.

View attachment 126968

A series of cook picks

View attachment 126969
View attachment 126970
View attachment 126971
View attachment 126972
View attachment 126973
View attachment 126974
View attachment 126975
View attachment 126976

And done

View attachment 126977

Meat

View attachment 126978

Seafood

View attachment 126979

It was real good and it was fun - Too much food for - guests had to cancel so I get to eat more today!

I will contact Blackstone about the basket height adjuster. I've heard things about their service.

Sako is right - a little goes a long way on this. It was too hot for what I was cooking until I let it burn down.

Last edited:
well looks like some minor problems but maybe blackstone will get them fixed and sell an updated version 2?

question, the rotisserie runs off ac cord? if so how long is the cord? cant find that info anywhere

The cord is 6 feet and the motor detaches very easily. It has a peg that sets in a slot and the drive pin engages.

Outstanding cook SD! :thumb: It was a bunch of guys so we omitted the veggies.:becky:

It did say to season the grill first so def good that you did.Contact BS and they'll take care of you. Mine wasnt nearly as bad and is fully functional.

Wow! You two (Sako and SD) should get commission from Blackstone. Your cooks both look excellent!
I'd be tempted to buy one based on your kabob photos. :hungry:

Thank you both for posting!

Thanks for the review. Just got mine put together. After seeing the broken bolt pic I checked the handles and found they were full of metal chips from tapping. Had to clean them out before the screws would go in smoothly.

I was looking at the manual for the loading on the Skewers but did not find it. I did find that they recommend a temp of no higher then 500°

A full chimney will get you higher than that with the vents open.

ok I want one so this is the last time i'll read this thread....we are running out of room over hear

That's why mine is going to my brother's after the excitement wore off. :becky: I don't have room either. Honestly I like the grill a lot but I have a Santa Maria and skewers and since my brother wanted one I offered to give it to him. I'll miss the the roti though.

zoDTc71h.png

Back