Roll Call. Inside 30 days. The National BBQ Cup Nov 15-16

Chattahoochee Que will be there....also we will have a sneak peek of the new Backwoods G2 Fatboy......pellet fed cooker......!!!! Look for our big ugly green trailer!!

Chattahoochee Que will be there....also we will have a sneak peek of the new Backwoods G2 Fatboy......pellet fed cooker......!!!! Look for our big ugly green trailer!!

I want to see some pics of that bad boy in action!!

Andy - Are you cooking on it? If not I would love to do a test run on it for ya!

Stay away from that Jason guy! He is bad news.

I have just added you to the Uncle Bud's BBQ team as the official provider of adult beverages! Please bring the largest cooler you can find!!!! :becky::becky::becky:

You can find us by looking for the 6' turkey on top of our camper.

Really - Just look for the guys who have posted to this thread....they are all great folks..most will have their team name on a sign or banner at their site. Walk around...act friendly...ask questions. You will find that the BBQ community is a great bunch of people.

Hey I resemble that remark!!

But yeah just wander for a bit and you should hopefully find any number of us. We'll have a sign out.

Will and the Thrills will be there, just look for the Big Green Egg tent.

On a side note - has anyone been getting any emails like load in letters? I have not gotten anything and wonder if I am not on a distribution list.

Thanks,

BV

We will be there, and we're actually staying on site!!! I expect there to be a lot of beer consumed and good times to be had Friday night... We just have to watch out for students since both Justin and I teach in Forsyth County :-D

Will and the Thrills will be there, just look for the Big Green Egg tent.

On a side note - has anyone been getting any emails like load in letters? I have not gotten anything and wonder if I am not on a distribution list.

Thanks,

BV
Look for something from Randall around Monday as I remember from last year.

Thank you sir!!!

Where in Marietta do you live? We moved last year from East Cobb to West Cobb last year, five miles west of the square.

BV

Thank you sir!!!

Where in Marietta do you live? We moved last year from East Cobb to West Cobb last year, five miles west of the square.

BV
I'm in East Cobb south of Woodstock.

Since you are so close to the square then you need to compete at Whole Hawg Happenin' on 9/28/2014. Contest is at the square.

The Pig Lebowski will be in our usual spot. You will probably know when you are getting close :shock:. Feel free to stop by and have a few drinks. We will have some things going on Friday that you might not want to miss...

main

This was my 1st and only opportunity to judge last year and got hooked! This time around it will be contest #30. A great year of que ends with a great event.

Ready to go, this will more than likely be our last one for the year. It will be good to see everyone.

It's almost here! Looking forward to meeting you guys tomorrow. I should be getting in town around 4-5 ish. I also grew up in Cumming for a little while, so if any outta-towners have any questions about town or directions, holler at me

Did you bust out the pellet fed cooker? I wanna see pics!!

Chase Lummus from Backwoods himself was there. He brought it up and we fired it up. It ran 400 degrees wet for 5 hours no problem. I will post some pics of it over the next couple of weeks. He left it with me to run over the winter and get some feed back on. I'm running a 20 lb turkey and an 18 lb brisket on it for Thanksgiving and I'll put those pics up!!!! It is bad to the bone!!!!!! The heat comes from the pellets but the smoke does not. It has a wood box that you load your smoking wood in. It works incredibly well!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Chase Lummus from Backwoods himself was there. He brought it up and we fired it up. It ran 400 degrees wet for 5 hours no problem. I will post some pics of it over the next couple of weeks. He left it with me to run over the winter and get some feed back on. I'm running a 20 lb turkey and an 18 lb brisket on it for Thanksgiving and I'll put those pics up!!!! It is bad to the bone!!!!!! The heat comes from the pellets but the smoke does not. It has a wood box that you load your smoking wood in. It works incredibly well!!!

Can't wait to see it in action!

Back