THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

bpeyton89

Full Fledged Farker
I have a frozen wagyu brisket that I bought a few months ago for a contest coming up in a few weeks. Does anybody have any idea on how long this sucker will take to thaw. It's about 13lbs. Is there any harm in letting it sit thawed out in a fridge for a week or so? In the past I've wet aged briskets for 2-3 weeks in the fridge, but not sure if that's ok after it's been frozen.

Obviously depends on fridge temp, but the 28lb'er I had took 8 days. I'd give it a week and those extra few days won't hurt it at all if it is thawed early.

No harm at all. I typically let my frozen Wagyu's sit in the fridge for 5-7 days to thaw before comps. I've also kept a thawed brisket in the fridge another week after thawing out, with no issue at all.

Back