Thanks to peeps, my first KFC tonight (pRon)

Smoke®

Full Fledged Farker
After reading peeps post I did a little searching today on the forum and put together a batter for my chicken thighs. I got my batter made, on the chicken and spritzed with melted butter and back in the fridge while I got my mini fired up. I put it on life support with the IQ and pushed it to 375°. I use fig wood today and love the flavor. I served the chicken with chopped lemon cucumber and tomatoes from the garden drizzled with Blackberry vinaigrette.

p880740394.jpg

p776076121.jpg

That looks awesome! I hope in your searching you came across N8man's threads on his chicken. I stole it from him. If you ain't seen his, you are missing out. But from the looks of yours, you ain't missing out by much!!! :thumb:

If you like chicken fried steak, or in GA, country fried steak, you can use the KFC technique to make kettle fried steak, too.

CD
I was wondering about that when thinking about what to make tonight....thanks! I think I remember your post on it several months back...before you went rogue! :wink:

Looks delicious! Love the looks of your side dish too, very nice!

It was very good. Thanks!

Looks good. What did you use to make the batter? Was it homemade?

I made the batter using self rising flour, evaporated milk, a pinch of baking soda, and spice to your taste. Dipped in flour and then the pasty mix.

Better than kfc... Looks dang tasty

It was!!!

That looks awesome! I hope in your searching you came across N8man's threads on his chicken. I stole it from him. If you ain't seen his, you are missing out. But from the looks of yours, you ain't missing out by much!!! :thumb:

Thanks, I read quite a few post but will go back and check N8man. This chicken was so crispy, moist, and tender at those temps, I was surprised.

If you like chicken fried steak, or in GA, country fried steak, you can use the KFC technique to make kettle fried steak, too.

CD

Thanks brother, I may be going after some cubed steak or veal today!

Thanks again to all you folks
Ron

Back