THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Looks outstanding Andy! I did one for Thanksgiving using the same process. I ordered one of the Texas Turkey breasts from the Meat Shoppe in Pensacola ($6.99/lb :shock:) and it was killer.

Thanks for posting this, Andy. I've also never been much a fan of turkey, but decided to give this a go today after seeing your pictures. I found a 3 pound boneless breast. I did a short 3 hour brine in basic salt, brown sugar with a few dried cranberries, apples and rosemary. Smoked it at 275-300 and added a little butter and rosemary when the IT hit about 150. I didn't take any pictures since I was stacking wood while tending the Outlaw, but it came out incredibly juicy and flavorful. I could see cooking one of these every weekend and chomping on the leftovers throughout the week.

Back