Texas Mega-Bash - Sat Oct 17th @ Belton Lake

Thank you! That is super nice.
God bless you and yours
Dan, date has not been definitely decided (to the best of my knowledge) but Oct 17th is most probable at this time.

I will gladly make it my personal responsibility to keep you updated as soon as something is decided.

For us newbies.... what are these bashes all about?

Basically it's just a bunch of us getting together and cooking what we're best at for others who appreciate good BBQ and good company. It's a laid back family-friendly thing. You can cook if you want or just show up and eat if you want. If you don't want to bring a smoker, just post up asking if somebody's got space for you in one of their pits. It helps if you say what you're planning to cook and what temp you usually cook at.

Gotta give a bump since it's now September.

So is Oct 17th the official date?

pjtexas1, just do like Smitty did in 2013 and say "Here's the time and place farkers, be there!"

Looks like we've got a great place, let's just confirm the date.

I called and 10-17-2015 is still available. No fees that time of the year since they do not provide cleaning services in the winter. We will have to bring trash bags and clean it up ourselves. :mmph:

I have the lake access permit form filled out and ready to email. I am really close to going smitty on everyone so lets set a time frame for anyone to object. What do you guys think? a week? 48 hours? 5 minutes?:heh:

I like 72 hours. Might be a good idea to post in Q-talk (for visibility) and ask that it is allowed to stay in Q-Talk for a bit.

I will likely be in the middle of a move down to Austin during this time. Please just schedule it without worrying about accommodating me since my schedule is FUBAR right now and and if I can make whatever day it happens to be work as I am travelling back and forth from Austin, I'll swing by for a bit...

Agree with Oct 17th.

Typically we've just booked pavilions for the day of the event, then if folks want to camp or whatever they organize that themselves.

I got a PM about a vote... Is there a thread with a poll for voting? Don't see it here. I'm tentative right now... my kids birthday is the 12th and my anniversary is the 26th. Not sure where the 17th plays into plans wifey may set.

I will likely be in the middle of a move down to Austin during this time. Please just schedule it without worrying about accommodating me since my schedule is FUBAR right now and and if I can make whatever day it happens to be work as I am travelling back and forth from Austin, I'll swing by for a bit...

That explains your absence lately. Was beginning to worry about you. Hope you got a big promotion.:becky:

Agree with Oct 17th.

Typically we've just booked pavilions for the day of the event, then if folks want to camp or whatever they organize that themselves.

Agree...I have no idea who wants to camp or get a hotel.

I got a PM about a vote... Is there a thread with a poll for voting? Don't see it here. I'm tentative right now... my kids birthday is the 12th and my anniversary is the 26th. Not sure where the 17th plays into plans wifey may set.

no poll just wanting to make sure as many as possible get a chance to come out.

Book That SOB already I'll bring some anti freeze to keep the chill out your bones. PJ you draggin the Shirley out?? I could use some rack space.

i will bring the shirley and a brisket. looking forward to seeing how you do what you do in person.

If i can also borrow a li'l grill space will bring tritip and some sausage.

I'll bring some anti freeze to keep the chill out your bones.

Headed to Tennessee next week and plan to make a li'l side trip north to Kentucky and can bring some additional "antifreeze".

If i can also borrow a li'l grill space will bring tritip and some sausage.

Headed to Tennessee next week and plan to make a li'l side trip north to Kentucky and can bring some additional "antifreeze".

The Shirley warmer can grill and it has 4 racks in the main chamber for anything else everyone needs.

Back