THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

localyocal

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Brad
Anyone have any experience with these smokers? I'm especially interested in the Gravity Feed models. I'm thinking about getting gravity Feed this fall and selling my pull behind reverse flow. I love my stick burner and my Built-Rite Reverse flow cabinet but I think for competitions a Gravity Feed will make my life easier.

Anyway I'm looking at it compared to Deep South and Southern Q. I've always considered those two to be my top 2 choices based on feedback from owners and the feedback on here. T & K is built in Indianapolis and also sold at St. LOUIS BBQ Store, both are much closer to me living in Southern Illinois. From all I've seen they look extremely well built. My concerns are even heat, fuel economy, esse of movement, overall weight and things of that matter. Any feedback would be appreciated as I try to narrow my search and make my order this fall

Thanks in advance.

Deep South has been around for some time and is the choice for many current competition teams. Go to the Forum Brethren page and type in Deep South in the Search Field and read historical and current comments about Randall's smokers. I think T&K is a fairly new manufacturer but I have yet to read any negative comments on them. I am sure others will chime in. Good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses. I'm going to St. LOUIS this week to see them in person. Thanks again.

Back