Cooking Class Swamp Boys Q School March '16

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
My March 12-13 class is filling up. Come to sunny Florida and learn from an instructor with 48 Grand Championships, 42 Reserve Grand Championships, and over 300 KCBS and FBA contests worth of competition experience.

Swamp Boys Q School

QschoolCoversmaller.jpg

man i would love to come to your school! I have no doubt the info would be fabulous. however, we are already doing a comp that weekend.....maybe one of these days!!!!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
I took Rub's class a year or 2 ago and I will say it completely changed my approach on competition BBQ and really upped my game. I had taken a class from the largest name in BBQ and learned a lot about competing. I went to Rub's class and learned "HOW" to be competitive and consistent.

I will say I learned in 2 days what it would have taken me 2 years to possibly learn competing, and I have a few ribbons and checks to prove it :clap:

Lewis

• Thanks
Reactions: Rub
Thanks for the great review Lewis, that means a lot. And yes you have been proving it for sure :)

Can some one with no experience attend this class? If so what would i need to bring besides a note book?

Absolutely. I have all skill levels from never bbq'd anything to multiple Grand Champs/TOTY teams, as well as aspiring bbq restaurant owners. Every topic starts with the base knowledge needed and I build from there. The more advanced bbqr's will pick up many subtle things the beginners won't. But the bottom line is there is plenty for all skill levels to learn.

You'll want to bring a camp chair, camera, and something to drink if you don't want lemonade. We start at noon Saturday and go until 6-7pm. At that time we eat a smoked prime rib dinner, then hangout lakefront around the fire to bs and have some social time. Some go back to their hotels at this point, some stay until midnight. Start again at 7:30 Sunday morning and go until we're finished, usually around 3 - 4:00. You'll get to sample chicken, ribs, pork and brisket on Sunday. The class is outside, lakefront, under tents. The weather is typically perfect that time of year. If it does rain there is a large covered/protected area we can move to.

Very happy for 2 Q School grads, Whisky Bent BBQ and Acutech BBQ this past weekend. These guys took GC and RGC at Apopka, winning $10,000 for GC and $5,000 for RGC! When all was said and done these two accounted for nearly $20,000 in prize money, in one day!

There's about 5 seats left if you want in.

• Thanks
Reactions: cpw
Had a great sell-out class over the weekend. Five states and Brazil converged on Imperial Polk County and we got-r-done! Also a big thanks to our sponsors that added great value to the class: Big Poppa Smokers, Butcher BBQ, Deep South Smokers, Grizzly Coolers, Simply Marvelous BBQ, Bad Byron’s Butt Rub, and Swamp Boys BBQ Sauce.
The world of competition BBQ just got tougher :thumb:
FullSizeRender-35.jpg

Back