THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Get some of the cheap chafing dish holders that use a sterno. I've got some of these and also got some more from Restaurant Depot. Work great, I use the disposable aluminum half pans, always add a second aluminum pan with water underneath so the food doesn't burn.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ch...r-full-size-disposable-pans/176CHAFSTDCH.html

That's a great suggestion, Andy. I used three of these for Christmas Eve, struggled trying to "turn down" the sterno with the lids. A water bath would be much better.

They call it "superbowl" because that is the day you are supposed to cook all of all the food to fill a big bowl right? :mrgreen:

some great ideas. i got homemade buffalo sauce to go on fried chicken and sausages. got some money on bengals at +4000 on sportsbetting3.com from the reg season and they saw off buffalo well.

I'd do something tiger themed if i were you.

Gotta hand it to the Bengals...They showed up to play, and the Bills looked flat. I really thought the Bills had the X-Factor going for them. The Conf Champ games are gonna be good and I can't wait. I was a die-hard Niners fan in the 80s-90s, and this playoff run feel nostalgic.

Back to food stuff....I am nerding out and putting everything in a Gantt chart with times, dependencies, resources, etc. A lot of food that I normally don't make, seemed like a good idea to do and get my timing down. Still fleshing out the menu but the main course will be pulled pork and wings...then a few staple sides, and a bit of new ones requiring deep fryer.

I have acquired a 6 chafing dish buffet kit that should work for us.

Back