Super Bowl Food 2023

Get some of the cheap chafing dish holders that use a sterno. I've got some of these and also got some more from Restaurant Depot. Work great, I use the disposable aluminum half pans, always add a second aluminum pan with water underneath so the food doesn't burn.

https://www.webstaurantstore.com/ch...r-full-size-disposable-pans/176CHAFSTDCH.html

That's a great suggestion, Andy. I used three of these for Christmas Eve, struggled trying to "turn down" the sterno with the lids. A water bath would be much better.

They call it "superbowl" because that is the day you are supposed to cook all of all the food to fill a big bowl right? :mrgreen:

some great ideas. i got homemade buffalo sauce to go on fried chicken and sausages. got some money on bengals at +4000 on sportsbetting3.com from the reg season and they saw off buffalo well.

I'd do something tiger themed if i were you.

Gotta hand it to the Bengals...They showed up to play, and the Bills looked flat. I really thought the Bills had the X-Factor going for them. The Conf Champ games are gonna be good and I can't wait. I was a die-hard Niners fan in the 80s-90s, and this playoff run feel nostalgic.

Back to food stuff....I am nerding out and putting everything in a Gantt chart with times, dependencies, resources, etc. A lot of food that I normally don't make, seemed like a good idea to do and get my timing down. Still fleshing out the menu but the main course will be pulled pork and wings...then a few staple sides, and a bit of new ones requiring deep fryer.

I have acquired a 6 chafing dish buffet kit that should work for us.

Back