THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ryan921

Knows what a fatty is.
I keep reading all of these threads about how a lot of guys can make a better steak at home than the high dollar joints for a fraction of the cost. Which (as this forum always does to me) put me directly in pursuit of a bad ass home cooked steak at a reasonable price. I have in the past always thought my steaks were good but not nearly up to par with the big shots.

Yesterday was different.

Each steak was 1 1/4" thick. I let them rest for a little over an hour with a liberal coating of kosher salt. rinsed and dried, then rubbed a thin coat of safflower oil and onto the kettle they went.

I made some garlic butter to really set off the flavor.

IMG_1480.jpg

IMG_1481.jpg

IMG_1482.jpg

I honestly just can't picture a choice steak being much better than these, although I will indeed be trying:boxing:

I really need to try the caveman steak. I love the idea, I've just been too much of a sissy to pull the trigger. I would hate to waste a good steak due to poor execution when I already know I can have what I want off the ol' trusty kettle!

I don't eat shell fish but every thing else looks great. Might need a little more sour cream on that potato.:grin:

Man that is perfect. You nailed it. I prefer steaks at 1 1/4" thick.

Nice looking steak. I agree with Peeps, at the end, throw that sucker on a 500* griddle to get a nice crust on the outside, and it would be perfect.

I spent the last few days looking for a restaurant that served a good steak. Couldn't find anything that looked half as good as yours. Yours looks perfect!! Well done Sir! :thumb:

Back