Sunday Ribs

Thanks fellas!

I can only find the beef back ribs with a good amount of meat and great price at Costco Business. Regular clubs don't have them. They actually used to be cheaper than than. Another thing Costco Business has rib tips for $1.09-1.49/lb. Both great quality, price and always available.

Very nice bones :thumb: wish I could get some of those $2.99/lb beef back ribs here...my Costco doesn't have them at any price.

Great price on the beef backs. And you did them justice. Lookin good!

Nice work neighbor. Good deal on the Beef back ribs - One of my favs.

Looks fantastic! Wish my Costco had beef ribs.

Very well done!! Two kinds of ribs because we have two hands, sounds like a match made in heaven. You could star in your own movie:
" Fantastic Feasts and the Men Who Make Them"!

All looks good, Sako!

What all is in the Mac N' Cheese? Recipe?

Thanks, Brother.

Thanks brother!

I kept it real simple this time:

1lb of elbow macaroni

1/2 lb pepper jack

1/2 lb cheddar and monterey

1 lb whole milk mozzarella

Par cooked the macaroni with a little bit of oil so they don't stick and seasoned the water with salt

In a pot I melted some butter, slowly mixed in about 2tbsp or so of flour. Once I had my roux I added some lukewarm milk then brought it together. Next I added the cheese about 1/4 lb at time to slowly incorporate everything together. Save about a 1/4 lb of the grated cheese as a topper. (see below step)

Next I buttered the casserole dish and poured the mac in. Dumped the cheese sauce over the mac and mixed it all together while cheese sauce was warm. I then seasoned the mac n cheese with Cajun Seasoning. 1/4 lb grated cheese that I saved was put on top of the mac n cheese mix.

This is the exact seasoning. By far the best Cajun seasoning I've ever bought or used. It's sold at RD.

large_c0a1c859-037d-4da1-883d-0e7e6b8470be.png

Lastly, I put it in my gasser at med low and let it got for about 20-25 mins. Burnt the cheese on top with a hand held torch a little for some crust.

That's it!! Simple and delicous.

Seconded: Beautiful job Sako!

And thanks for the info! Will be checking my Costco for beef ribs this weekend.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce!

Make sure to check a business center. Regular clubs don't stock them.

Hadn't smoked baby backs in a long time as I prefer spares. Audience was unanimous in requesting baby backs so I said ok.

Thought I brine them :noidea:

zJdzDfuh.jpg

Left it in the briner overnight

8Hx00vSh.jpg

While I was at it I threw in two nice beef back rib racks in the mix as well. These were wet aged about 3 weeks since I was supposed to cook them for super bowl originally but didn't.

w9csFerh.jpg

Fired up the Yoder with some hickory and maple

pOympXBh.jpg

Pork ribs dusted with Oakridge Dominator and Simply Marvelous Genie's Hooch. Beef ribs just salt and pepper

5KSOtXUh.jpg

Fast forward and beef ribs passed the bend test

oSHJpojh.jpg

Beautiful color

jcXocfUh.jpg

Out of Blues Hog so Stubbs was the next best thing for saucing

nMxY2peh.jpg

qQDWNyyh.jpg

Check

okif82Yh.jpg

No shiners them being back bones. Costco's beef backs have always been great.

tqDAzxNh.jpg

And check

p7LGrrkh.jpg

Moo and Oink together :clap2:

K4au8ymh.jpg

Mac n cheese done also

kG1kmk5h.jpg

Served

x3lnImkh.jpg

Nice bite through but didn't notice any significant difference with brining the baby backs

uoGXegSh.jpg

The beef ribs and mac n cheese especially stole the show. I was asked do just to mac n cheese and beef ribs next time.

gIxoOhBh.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Looks like a home run!

Back