Sucklebusters 1836 Beef Rub

smokeisgood

is one Smokin' Farker
I picked up a jar of this a Cabela's last time I was in there. It is the first Sucklebusters product I've tried. I have my go-to's for pork and poultry but seem to always be chasing the next best beef rub. Anyway, I tried this on a chuck roast a couple of weeks ago and wow, it is really good IMO. I think I need to go a little lighter on it compared to other rubs just due to the amount of black pepper (the chuck roast was right on the edge) but I'll be doing a brisket with it this weekend. I had pretty much decided to just go back to Lawry's, Pepper, Garlic and Onion powder layered on because of all the beef rubs I've tried none really impressed me that much. I may just stick with this stuff though. Anyone else use it and opinions?

Big fan of it. I have been using 1836 for my carne asada and tri-tips lately and it kills! Their SPG is great too - that’s my go-to rib rib.

Yep. I get mine from Cabela's too. 1836 is good stuff. Check out their website too, lots of goodies.

Have had it at a couple of the Brethren Texas Bashes, good stuff. Sucklebusters also bottles 407BBQ rub, my favorite beef rub from my favorite BBQ place.

That’s my go to for beef, wife likes the campfire steak rub which is good also, not found any of the rubs I don't like. Rural King carries several flavors here

Back