Street Tacos Al Pastor on the UDS

Pig_Farmer

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
Carl
I finally got around to making these. Been wanting to do them for a while. I sliced up a couple of boneless pork butts that I picked up from Costco a while back. I made the Al Pastor marinade and let them stew for around 3 days. Some time ago I had a friend of mine make me a trompo out of some stainless steel.

20191229_062028.jpg
20191229_062104.jpg

Meat and Pineapple slices all stacked up.
20191229_063404.jpg

In the drum and almost done.
20191229_114330.jpg

In the meantime, some homemade pico de gallo and guac.
20191229_133900.jpg

Sliced up and ready to make the tacos.
IMG_72701.jpg

Time to eat!! And watch my Raiders lose.:cry:
20191229_162030.jpg

There are few things that I will do differently next time. 1) make sure that the fixture to be used in the drum actually fits in there prior to firing it up. So I went to put the meat in the drum and with the grate at it's lowest setting, it was too tall for the lid to close. :doh: I had to remover that shelf and grab the charcoal grate from one of my kettles and set that right on top of the charcoal basket of the drum. 2) make sure that my meat probe is working properly. It was a little overdone but still good. All in all everyone enjoyed it. We will be warming up the leftovers tonight to ring in the New Years. :rockon:

Thanks for looking

Pig Farmer. Looks like you nailed it! I wish I had friends that would make me a trompo.

Thanks,
Greg

I have been wanting to do this for years! I think the only way I can do it vertically like you is on one of my UDS'. What temp did you run at and what temp did you pull the meat. Sure looks good from my end.

Dang nice!

Back