Squirt bottle for oil

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
I was at a local hoagie shop and saw they were using water bottles, like shown below, as oil squirt bottles. I’ve never seen this done before. Hope they didn’t drink from the bottle first! LOL! Never thought of doing this an figured it would be an inexpensive quick and dirty squirt bottle for a flat top. I do something similar to prime engines with gasoline, but I just poke a hole in the lid with an ice pick.

resize

I am kicking myself in the butt for emptying out a bottle of Huy Fong Sriracha to use as a oil bottle for my blackstone.

Sorry, but that would gross me out. If memory serves, my ServSafe training says that is illegal as well.

That was my first thought but I figured that there is no way they drank out of those bottles. They had several of the water bottles by flat top with water in them and assumed were to clean or cool it, then they reuse the bottles as a oil squirter.

Don’t know if it’s legal for a business, but it would work just fine in my back yard!

All the new water bottles are so thin they barely contain the water, lol
couple of squeezes and they'll crinkle, pop, and collapse.

I use the ketchup or mustard squirt type plastic bottles from walmart, cheap and love you long time!

Oil dispenser bottles are cheap. Why use plastic?

Oil goes rancid in those oil squirt bottles in a short time so I stopped using them. I also bet the people who do use them just top them off and never wash them out. They also cost a few bucks each. I do a few big cooks a year and buy cases of water for the bbq anyway. If I dump the water from one of the bottles into a steam tray water pan and use it as a disposable oil squirt bottle, I can toss the bottle and unused oil in the trash at the end of the day and it effectively cost me nothing.

This got me thinking, How old is the ketchup at the bottom of the bottles on each table that the restaurants top off every night?

Last edited:
All the new water bottles are so thin they barely contain the water, lol
couple of squeezes and they'll crinkle, pop, and collapse.

I use the ketchup or mustard squirt type plastic bottles from walmart, cheap and love you long time!

The hoagie shop I saw it in cranks out hoagies and cheesteaks all day long. It must work for them or they wouldn’t do it.

Back