Spinning a Bone-in pork roast this evening

Willy2763

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Joe
First of all, y'all a bad influence. Thanks to this forum I had to buy a rotisserie for my Weber kettle so I could try spatchcock chickens like some members keep posting (you know who you are). Then I was minding my own business at Costco and just happened to see some bone in pork roasts. This led me to think of the thread with the stupid thick pork chops like a certain Texas chain of steakhouse makes. That's what inspired this. It's definitely the lazy version though. I dry brined with kosher salt overnight and then brushed with ghee and seasoning. Then on the spit with a couple chunks of pecan at 350* until 145-150*. Here's the results and it only took maybe two hours. Crazy juicy and tasty. I made up a little Carolina mustard bbq sauce to go with it but it definitely didn't need any help. I'm pretty blown away by the rotisserie so far to say the least. I love you guys but you cost me money. Oh, the seasoning is a Bavarian Oktoberfest mix I order online. It's wonderful on pork and makes a great crust. Thanks for lookin'.

Attachments

• pork4.jpg
    pork4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 196
  • pork5.jpg
    pork5.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 196
  • pork3.jpg
    pork3.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 197
  • pork1.jpg
    pork1.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 195
  • pork6.jpg
    pork6.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 197
  • pork2.jpg
    pork2.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 193
Double take.! Call me crazy but the squash looks insanely good.

Thanks! I usually just hit the veggies with SPOG. We try to go every week to the local spots and get whatever's in season. I wish I had time to keep a garden!

Beautiful. Nice smoke ring on the pork and those mashed taters are like the smoothest I've ever seen.

You pack on the roast seasoning like I like to do. Pack it on till there's no bare meat to be seen! Yes sir. Good job.

looks great! as far as bad influence goes, you just crossed over to the other side with those photos:grin:

Back