THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
I smoke a rib roast at Christmas and Easter and I always buy more than I need so I can make Philly Cheesesteak sandwiches with the leftovers. My usual method is to slice the leftover steak thin, cook on the griddle, and top with peppers and onions and Tillamook smoked provolone cheese.

I know it's traditional to use Cheeze Wiz but I wanted to try something a little different.

Seasoned the griddle up with some beef tallow.
9xP5wSdl.jpg

Griddled poblano peppers and onions and then added the steak.
oo7HkSAl.jpg

Tc9LWZol.jpg

Topped with hot Tostitos Queso.
DnGXeCal.jpg

FbmMFn6l.jpg

Turned out really good.

Thanks,

Matt

"Traditional" by how long/to what extent?? Whiz/Cheese sauce (i.e. pourable/"finishing" cheese) keeps the grill kosher. It only makes sense; Hell of a lot cheaper than keeping a rabbi on payroll. South Philly's way more better anyways u jabroni.

Personally? I'm not the biggest fan of whiz on anything. Sometimes I like American, sometimes Provolone, sometimes a fancy house cheese sauce. My favorite might be E-Z (spray) Cheese, though. Not kosher, though- I add it while on the griddle

Last edited:
All looked great until I saw the Tostitos Con Queso. There's a little market set-up in the lunchroom at work in place of regular vending machines. Company that runs it offers small bags of Tostitos along with individual size containers of the con queso. Tried it one time. Con queso texture and flavor reminded me of cheese-flavored plastic.

Back