South MS Brethren Bash

Man, I just had a dream I went to a large BBQ-Brethren bash. No kidding! So here I am looking to see whats going on! If there's ever one closer to me I want to go!

Went to the early party yesterday, Scott & his Wife Andrea were wonderful hosts!
Scotts bourbon slush's will HURT you.
The first guests were pleasent, fun & the food was great!
Full crew today, lots more food & more slush's
Taking lots pics today

Just got back to the motel and I gotta say... everyone (and there was quite a crowd) had a LARGE time!
Great folks, great food and great memories.

I will do this again, Good Lord willing.

No pics, didn't happen:rolleyes:
OK, I'm just pissed I couldn't be there.

Last edited:

It was a fantastic time. Great food and even better people. I met a bunch of people from here and another bbq forum that I knew from a while ago. I'll post again in a bit, but I wanted to get these pics in here. It seems like I may have more pictures.

What a huge Party on the River! Ann & I Had a Blast meeting all the Brethren, Eggheads and other folks. A Big thanks to Scott and Amanda for hosting this event.

I'll not be able to post a bunch of pic's until Thursday or Friday but will post.

Last edited:
Just got home. Thanks to Scott for hosting.

The company, food (short ribs!), and drink were top-notch.

Please, please, please post the recipe for the bourbon slush.

David

The wife and I just got home. That was the best time we've had in a long time.great food great fun but most importantly great people. I have never felt so at home.thanks so much Scott for hosting this event.cant wait to do it again.Hotch and his wife were awesome folks as well.they kept the Cajun fryer kicking out some tasty grub.

Bourbon Slushies
1 - 12oz Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
1 - 12oz Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate*
2 cups Unsweetened Ice Tea
3 cups Bourbon (more if you are manly)
7 cups Water
1 cup Sugar
mix all until sugar dissolves*
Freeze overnight.

I make a double batch and use 1.75 liter bottle of bourbon

I got this recipe at an egghead event a couple months ago.

What a wonderful weekend. I can't tell you how much fun I had putting this on! There must have been 50+ people. There were no leftovers by the end of the day. Maybe some veggie, beans and dip, but no staples. And there was no shortage of food cooked... Tons of wings, pork tenderloin, fried goodies, "magnum loads", St. Louis ribs, beef plate ribs, brisket, sausage, boudin, and desserts!! It was a feast fit for kings and I didn't taste anything that didn't blow me away. This will definitely be an annual event. But next year we will plan it for either fall or spring when it's not so hot.

I am EXHAUSTED! Thank you all for coming!

Looks like y'all had a great time!

Hotch and Shelly generously offered for me to catch a ride with them but I start my first cancer treatment tomorrow so the timing wasn't right.

Definitely want to try to attend a future bash with y'all.

BIG THANKS to Scott and Andria for hosting the party. The food and venue couldn't be beat. As many people as were there, there could have easily been two to three times as many people and still been comfortable. The kids had a blast in the river.

It was awesome meeting all the brethren there. I know I met people and didn't put their forum name with their real life name, so I won't try to mention all the people I met.

Thanks for the good time and I look forward to the next one.

Thank you Scott and Andrea for a fantastic event. Even that little? shower couldn't put a damper on it. Judi & I enjoyed meeting all the great people. The food was awesome. We are looking forward to the next bash.

A few more pic's from the bash:

Swine Spectator and his Lovely Bride.

2lthoq1.jpg

LostArrow and his Lovely Bride and friend.

2h7nlnm.jpg

Cholloway. This guy makes a Great Pina Coletta.

2cwq0e9.jpg

deepsouth and Swine Spectator. Both are BBQing machinces.

303fdqx.jpg

Hotch and his Lovely Bride. They were putting out great food all day.

znk0mr.jpg

sylntghost and his Lovely Bride.

xpvxpw.jpg

The boys hanging around the pit.

2hscexd.jpg

Neither rain nor sleet or anything else stopped Pitmaster Scott from being an excellent host and turning out some fantastic BBQ.

fuw1g9.jpg

LuzziAnn and me.

kcngwx.jpg

Thanks again Scott and Amanda!

Last edited:
Back