THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mike in Roseville

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Mike
So I'm in the market for a new pop-up canopy cover (10'x10' up to 12'x12'). The Coleman ones from Costco didn't last very long.

Are there any other brands I should consider? E-Z Up?

Last year I spoke to guy who swore by E-Z Up Eclipses. They are about 3-4x the price of the regular E-Z Up's but he said he had tried them all and those were the only ones that actually lasted longer than a year or two.

Truth is, these wont get a lot of use. I just don't want to deal with shoddy frames or fabric that gets pinholes or tears easily. I just need it work.

Any feedback on any brand's would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't offer personal experience opinion because I've never owned one.

One that really stood out on Amazon for great reviews was ABC Canopy company.

One guy posted a video of the structure holding up fine in the middle of a storm with golf ball sized hail!

Company link...it's the first one called "King Kong" $199.85 and free ship:

https://abccanopy.com/collections/canopy/10x10

Amazon link to read the reviews $209:https://www.amazon.com/ABCCANOPY-Commercial-Instant-Shelter-Wheeled/dp/B019XGM9K0/ref=sr_1_10?keywords=heavy%2Bduty%2Bcanopy&qid=1650359265&sr=8-10&th=1

Talk with a marine canvas maker, sails and biminis. I think that Sunbrella is a favored material in bimini production, but I am dated on the subject. Biminis are made to stand up in the harshest of environments, under nonrelentoing sun and salt water.

I had a 12x12 Quickshade. Kansas winds destroyed it easily'

Now I have a 12x12 slantleg EZ-up (Spirit, I think). Slant legs make it much more stable in the wind but the canopy itself is just 10x10.

I have a Eurmax that I have been using for a few years now. I got it from Costco, came with walls and a very sturdy frame with rolling bag.

I've been pleased with EZ-UP brand, but for me size played an important role when setting it up at home, or using it at events. A 10X10 was not a good fit on my deck or patio.

EZ-UP makes an 8X10 which was a better fit for me for how I wanted to use it. The downside was.... this model was more of a commercial design and has a steel frame and a heavier fabric. So the price was higher, and it's heavier than some of their other models. It came with a 7 year guarantee. The good part was I found an online coupon that saved me over $100 at THIS site.

Thanks Pat,

I have not heard of Mastertent, but I will check them out.

Out of curiosity I filled out the inquiry so I could gather pricing.
Spendy product, but very nice fer what it is.
If I was looking, I would look harder at them.
So by all means California...treat yerself!

-D

Back