So, what's the latest greatest 2 probe thermometer on the market these days?

Huge fan of the Maverick et-733. For the money, in my opinion you can't go wrong with it. It's not necessarily "cheap" but once I got it, I would prioritize it over my bbq tongs if I was on a tight budget and was prioritizing my purchases as I'm sure I would be able to find cutlery to flip the food in a bind, but you need to know the temps!! In all honesty, don't expect to get a bulletproof system where you can carelessly yank the cords out of the meat and throw around the units. But in terms of quality, it has been amazing - and I own a Thermoworks Thermocouple system. No question the thermoworks is incredible, but it also basically just validates that the maverick works great (plus the maverick has the remote unit, huge convenience). The thermoworks is also an incredible product, and the real reason I got it was I wanted a probe to read my max searing temps for fun, and also to provide 2 more probes if I am doing a cook with multiple bbqs. Hope this helps!

I've been happy with the Cyber-Q. Having the internet connectivity has actually saved a few smokes. It's great to be able to monitor meat and pit and then lower or raise pit temps from miles away. Probes are also very accurate. The only negatives are that the set-up can be a bit tricky with the port forwarding, and that I'll periodically lose my network connection. This is probably more of a router issue though.

I've used the maverick 732 for years without a single problem. Had the 733 for about 6 months before upgrading to the cyberq. Highly recommend all 3.

Back