THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Sorry Jeff. Too close for me! I'm hoping there is one out in Cali or deep south Florida.

In reality, it's during my girls Spring Break and I haven't planned anything. Nothing yet at least. Maybe I'll win the free entry at the banquet! :)

At the last crableg extravaganza, Kyle n Joe made Pleasant Hill THE place for the Tamale Head to Head between myself and Lippy Bitch. It oughta be a good one!Dibs on my spot and Dan has dibs on his spot and Brent would like to be close to us on the concrete or to the left of me or the right of Dan.

Did you say Tamale?:wink::mrgreen:

At the last crableg extravaganza, Kyle n Joe made Pleasant Hill THE place for the Tamale Head to Head between myself and Lippy Bitch. It oughta be a good one!Dibs on my spot and Dan has dibs on his spot and Brent would like to be close to us on the concrete or to the left of me or the right of Dan.

If this was a meatball throwdown... I'd be scared of Lippy. Her meatballs at Sugar Creek were off the chain.

Will there be an award like the AR Grit contest? I may have to chair the awards committee. Thinking... golden tamale!

KCass is definately going to try to get out there and cook this contest. It's in our backyard for heaven's sake. Just hate it we're not rich enough for a lil camper. You know, to keep the snow off of us!! :eek:

Bunny

If this was a meatball throwdown... I'd be scared of Lippy. Her meatballs at Sugar Creek were off the chain.

Will there be an award like the AR Grit contest? I may have to chair the awards committee. Thinking... golden tamale!

The winner will be determined by the invitees at the potluck. If you want to come up with an award, that'd be cool to have a third party do it!Jorge.......TAMALE!

Sorry Jeff. Too close for me! I'm hoping there is one out in Cali or deep south Florida.

In reality, it's during my girls Spring Break and I haven't planned anything. Nothing yet at least. Maybe I'll win the free entry at the banquet! :)
No problem Scottie. Like I said, if we had one closer before May I'd be all over it, but we don't.

Wow! Wasn't expecting this but apparently the judges like our contest as well! We already have 68 CBJs signed up to judge and we expect to need 66 (counting table captains and 3 alternates)! Several of these CBJs have LOW CBJ numbers as well. We also got either our 6th or 7th paid entry today... not sure which. Folks, to make the sponsors come out and play, we NEED lots of People's Choice entries for Friday evening!!! Remember, you can cook your pork beforehand and reheat at the contest for People's Choice. Wings shouldn't be a problem. Thanks to Jeff Spurgeon, we will supply about three pounds of wings to each team (although we recommend you bringing at least that many more) and one pork butt (and we recommend at least two half pans full of pork to be brought in with you). The more People's Choice entries, the more People's Choice pays out! And we had a huge line of people here for that last year! One other note on People's Choice... you just turn it in to us and we hold blind sampling/judging (local teams have no advantage that way!) so you don't have to work the crowd... just enjoy your Friday evening! Help us help the March of Dimes!!! Entry form is at www.SmokinOnBigCreekBBQ.com.

Come on down! Are you gonna cook, judge or visit? If you're judging or visiting you are welcome to share the 5th wheeler.

I wish he could, but he's cooking with me and two good friends.

The BBQ-Brethren National team will also unleash The Diddler, and Spicediddy himself on Pleasant Hill. I'll start hydrating for the event tomorrow.

I wish he could, but he's cooking with me and two good friends.

The BBQ-Brethren National team will also unleash The Diddler, and Spicediddy himself on Pleasant Hill. I'll start hydrating for the event tomorrow.

Damn!!! So now I have to have the Spicebox ready for Jay too? He's gonna crap with the guru on there! :lol:

I cooked on a Spice Box with a Guru in New York. Vinney let me cook on his. It's the Diddler that will be thrown into a tail spin. :twisted:

BTW--- Can I wake Your Arse up if I set it on fire???

I cooked on a Spice Box with a Guru in New York. Vinney let me cook on his. It's the Diddler that will be thrown into a tail spin. :twisted:

BTW--- Can I wake Your Arse up if I set it on fire???

Maybe you can figure out my temp soaring problem then! LOL! I still think I need all new door sealer around both doors. I heard the Diddler was bringing his own SpiceBox??

Back