Smokin’ and fryin’?

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
I don’t know if it is technically either one?

But we going with it!

Mable is set to 325° and holding steady in the cold wind!

Everyone in! Jalapeño cheddar and a half a fatty up top (the other half was browned and ground in the skillet, sad, I know!) Patties for frying on the grill grates below.

Flip the patties, everything else is happy

Few minutes later, pull the patties, few minutes later, pull the sausages. Once the fatty got to 160° inside? Pull it! Then this is what you get!

What’s the moral? “There’s more than one way to skin a cat!”

True story…

I was 8 or 9 and the oil boom of the 70’s was coming to an end. My Dad had a dozer service that catered to the oil field. He had a pile of trucks (white Peterbilts with red and black striping, with gold pinstripes) and trailers,
and more dozers than either one of them. There was a new lease in the eastern central part of the state, I don’t remember the county, I just remember the “commissioner” wouldn’t let the driver unload on the “county road!” (I’m sure it was special to him for some reason!)

I remember we were a few minutes behind the truck that was delivering the dozer for some reason, so when we pulled up this was the scene.

The truck and trailer was parked on the “right side” of the road even though it was a one lane county road. The dozer (a Cat D 8 ) is sitting 90° to the trailer with the blade to the left and the ass in toward the “bar ditch!” The scene made no sense to me but my Dad said “Watch this kid!” As he was getting out of his pickup.

The driver raises the blade as high as it would go and put the dozer in reverse with full brakes applied. He slowly started letting off the brakes and the dozer creeped toward the “bar ditch!”

When the dozer finally teetered backward and just before it seemed like it was going to roll over backward. The driver released the brake, took his foot off the throttle (which was wide open, they are backward) and this beast roared to life! Backed into the ditch and what seemed like straight up the other side onto the new lease!

The driver shut the dozer down and steps out on to the tracks. Him and my Dad are laughing there asses of!

My Dad says “There’s more than one way to skin a cat!”

I am assuming the look on my face demanded the explanation.

“There’s more than on way to do something Son”

Thanks for lookin and readin..

Simple is best! Looks yum, buddy!! I just pulled some simple ribs off the PBC… man they hit the spot.

Simple is best! Looks yum, buddy!! I just pulled some simple ribs off the PBC… man they hit the spot.

Lets see some pics Robb!

No here in this thread, don’t start another, just let this thread roll!

yessir, done the rightway on the right of way.
food looks rightway too

Good looking food and cool story. Bet that was fun to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back