Smoker Manufacturers: prices negotiable?

JMO... If you are buying from a manufacturer that has a long waiting list you are not in much of a position to negotiate. Better to buy used if you want one of the popular smokers at a discount.

Can't speak for the other manufacturers but with Humphreys I kept an eye on their "in stock" smokers (not the models they always stock but the ones that are ordered but not sold for whatever reason...brand new not demos or refurbs). They had the model I wanted in a color that I was ok with...it was discounted slightly and i got a good deal on shipping.

Isn't part of the bbq experience having a long interesting conversation and making friends along the way? I'd much rather make a friend than spend time on the phone with nothing more invested than requesting a discount just because. I guess I'm old school like that.

After all, the minute something goes wrong with your smoker you'll be hoping whomever you called could remember your name.. and depending on them to go the extra mile for you.. just sayin. I personally despise being nickel and dimed... thats just me though.

BTW - ofc you'd be silly not to inquire about some sort of discount, but do it in person. Offer them some of your finished masterpieces in return. Thats my advice.

Back