Smokeless cheese

Grasshopper

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Michael
This is kind of a funny story. 2 weeks ago I cold smoked some cheese. It smelled pretty smoky upon completion. I thought great. All is well knowing I would let it mellow for 2 weeks. Yesterday I grabbed some of the cheese to give to my coworkers and I could not smell a bit of smoke. I sliced one and it had no smoke flavor although the color on it was very sexy. I gave them the cheese any way and explained that I didnt know what happened to the smoke flavor. As soon as I handed it to them they claimed to smell the smokey flavor. Lol, what didnt occur to me was I had covid and had lost my sense of smell and taste. I was told the smoke flavor was perfect. I tried some of the cheese again and still could not detect the slightest smoke flavor. Oh well. I will just give the cheese away since I cant enjoy the true flavor of it.

Funny story, thanks for sharing.

Hope you get your sensory back soon. My family also had the virus, everyone got their taste and smell back within two weeks. However my wife didn't get smell or taste back until after the three month mark. I hope your taste / smell returns much sooner.

Stay healthy and keep smoking.

Back