THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Glad to hear it. My experience hasn’t been that good. I want it to work but am not having much luck.

I’m sorry you’re having troubles and I hope my good fortune continues. I have read a lot of stories of bad experiences and there are some on YouTube as well. There is a Facebook group for the SmokeFire and there are a lot of happy stories there. This is the first iteration of the cooker, so I’m sure the quality and functionality will get better over time like the more mainstream pellet smokers.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Well, my question doesn’t matter anymore. My wife had noticed my interest in the 1050 and surprised me with the order confirmation on Father’s Day! So, I’m heading that direction. We’ll see if it replaces my PBC, kettle, and/or e310 gasser.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to this thread. Well, my question doesn’t matter anymore. My wife had noticed my interest in the 1050 and surprised me with the order confirmation on Father’s Day! So, I’m heading that direction. We’ll see if it replaces my PBC, kettle, and/or e310 gasser.

Wow congrats!

Curious, I noticed on the MB website they're sold out. Who did she order it through?

If i didn't have a woman and two dogs competing for space in the bed, I would probably sleep with my 1050.

I just got a notice from Masterbuilt saying the 1050 was available again, clicked on the link immediately, and got "out of stock"...get it together, MB!

I was waiting on the SF since I'm a stout Weber fan. However, reading about their issues non-stop made me stop and think. I went with the Masterbuilt 560 simply because the design interested me. The 560 cooks very well. Smoke level easily managed. It's just fun to use and quick to respond. It does have quality issues and isn't designed for longterm but not a bad deal for the money... and did I mention, it cooks very well.

The worst of it is the app is useless. No instruction for detail on what it is or how to use it, and forget about getting or keeping it connected. Fortunately it is not required for use of the grill.

One thing to consider however. Masterbuilt Customer Service is the worst you will ever experience. All communications with them are limited to emails only, no phone, and they simply ignore responding. No other option so buying on of these is a bit of a roll of the dice.

Just got a MB 560 yesterday (Sat 06/27). Took a leisurely 2 1/2 hours to put it together—they said 1:45 with a helper—so figure I did alright. Did the burn in and seasoning yesterday. Just put a 11 lb brisket on at 1130.
f321a89715d87d82a064dca5d67157ed.jpg

MB temp started at 225, but my probe was reading 190, so pushed temp up to 250, still at 190. MB chamber/control probe is on far left, mine is the right hand one in photo, just right of center below grate. Meat probes are matching temps.
Used Kingsford Pro briquettes with Kentucky bourbon barrel chunks mixed in the charcoal hopper. Put some HD fill in the exhaust vent, as folks have said it’ll burn lots of charcoal on low and slow cooks.
I’m hoping for a set and forget cooker, coming from a Brinkman SKD with a couple mods to a UDS I built. The BSKD was/is a tending nightmare. The UDS is pretty darn good, I’ve used it enough that I can dial it in and leave it. But if the wind changes the temps change. Hoping the MB 560 will cure that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back